Western Express

3,0Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 2.387 evaluaciones

Ambiente de trabajo normal, como en muchas otras companias, el acceso a dialogar con la administracion muy dificil en mi caso personal.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
No cumplieron lo que prometieron en la entrevista en cuanto a condiciones del trabajo.

14 noviembre 2022
We are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We'd like more information on what happened we so we can make improvements in the future. Don't hesitate to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com!

Stressful weekly pays are lowest in industry

I was a trainee fir two months with two trainers and ended up quitting because the weekly pay for trainees is low and traing environment is horrible. I woukd not recommend Western Express at all to anybody that I like. Very low weekly pay. Recruiters will do anything to get you there and will no longer pick up your calls the next day after you are there. They can care less about you. They will start focosing on new students without taking care of old students. Turn around is worst for this company

Pros

Free horrible lunch

Very low weekly pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?If you preserver you'll get the need experience to move onWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything about the company is stressful... trying to contact them by phone getting paid on time for work already preformed. Breakdown and layover and trap pay that do not come close to making up the financial lose when you suffer those thjngs.things.. no respect for those at the bottom (drivers) and helping the set up for success. The company culture is designed for western to prosper and drivers to fail. They don't seem to care about your success or financial situations. Only that you deliver loads. Lack of proper equipment poor maintence extreme waits for loads after delivery. Broken promises and just outright lies... What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good for upper management everyone else sorry bout your luckWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Yore stressed and angry and frustrated from the time you start until you shut down eod

Joke of a workplace

I've been here 2 months it's been miserable. From a vullshitwaiting period- to no pay during orientation and awful pay during training this company is a complete joke. I haven't made more then a $500 paycheck since I started I sit at shippers waiting to get loaded or truck stops waiting for loads for long periods of time feels like I sit more then drive. My DM is a decent person but if he's not in the office it's impossible to get a response from anyone. If you breakdown or have a issue with your truck... forget it your not moving for atleast 2 days or more. Pros: they'll hire literally anyoneCons: pay Bare minimum in trucks Lots of sitting and waiting A lot of really bad trucks and trailers Trucks are dirty when you first get themIn conclusion. Come to western if you have 0 other options don't Come here if it's your first option you'll regret it.

Watch out!!

I started with this company and really enjoyed the driving as a new Driver I was like ok I'm being paid to do what I enjoy doing the first check was a lil under $1000 for training cool not bad I thought then it went down to 6 then to $400 a week for 1200 miles and I realized it was time to go.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

What is the best part of working at the company?I plead the filth and the fifthWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Wondering if you will ever get paid I still haven't it's been 3 yrsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Environment like being in probation office What is a typical day like for you at the company?Having misunderstandings with management, and being lied to used and jerked around and you have to finance the whole thing. Only good thing is they put violators back on the road. Only go here for experience but don't expect nothing from them
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?The people in support positions. Fantastic group of people! Helpful and knowledgeable.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with smart talking dispatch people.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Pretty busy.. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Didn't work on site, but overall the good outweighs the bad

Horrible Traing

They make it nice during traing but when on my own, I never was able to stop and eat, take a shower or sleep in a truck stop.That part of the training sucked.It's no wonder they have to recover truck because people just park them wherever and walk away. At least I left mine at the terminal nice and clean.

Pros

Your own truck

Contras

Some good trucks some not
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting my trainer. She is a Christian and we're still friends even though Western Express got rid of me unfairly. But that's no surprise. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress. I don't work for them anymore. My advice. Understand that they are a numbers company. Get your year and run away. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Couldn't say as I haven't been there for over 5 years. I'm guessing, not any better. What is a typical day like for you at the company?All past tense. It was great when I was working. As I worked in my home state of Maine. Back and forth between Kingfield to South Portland. Loved it so much. I did 2 trips a day. Monday thru Friday. Weekends off.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?The day I quit.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Driver managersWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Tyrannical What is a typical day like for you at the company?Misery and regret
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?They will have you on the road quickly What is the most stressful part about working at the company?They will not let you go home, as often as they say they will. They will love you and say nice things to you as long as you're running. Ask for some home time?... their true colors show. Also weekend help is worthless. Stay away if you can.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Manipulative. They treat you as if you don't have any other options What is a typical day like for you at the company?They'll leave you alone as long as you are running. Seriously, radio silence.

Poor management and pay

Company is very poor at understanding. Drivers needs. There’s no form of communication on dispatch side. Company looks down on drivers.pay is very poor compared to the truck industry. If I was anyone looking at this, just run.

Unprofessional

Very unprofessional, no respect or care for you as a driver. They hire just about anybody. You get run down and don't get the recognition or help from your DM.

6 enero 2023
Driver satisfaction has always been a top priority for Western Express. However, we understand that things don’t always go as planned. We are very sorry that you had a bad experience and would love to hear more from you so we can improve in the future. Feel free to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com!

There is no good there is all work.

There is lots of work, long hours, however, this company underpays by a very large margin compared to other companies I've worked for, doing the same job.

Pros

The pros is they will hire anyone

Contras

The cons are they don't pay what your worth no matter how hard you work.

Don't work here

No accountability all the trucks are trash even the new one management is disrespectful walmart just terminated their contract with them very bad company to deal with they run yu over your hours of service

6 enero 2023
We are sorry you had a negative experience with us. We'd like more information on what went wrong so we can make it right! Don't hesitate to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com.

Ok first driving job

Ok place has pros and cons like any other driving job. Pay was OK you can become a trainer within 90 days and that doubles your paycheck but you will have a different roommate every 10 to 14 days. OK place to start your career get your experience and MoveOn

6 enero 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We'd like more information on what kind of improvements we can make to earn a 5 star from you. Feel free to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com.

Driver

Not a good company Stay Away by all means pay as low time is wasted I will never work for this company again I stayed in a hotel for 1 month with no pay and I feel they could do better with someone coming from out of town eating Subway all day breakfast lunch and dinner

A steady employment

That there is always available flatbed work . You do have the chance to advance to a trainer position, and we do get raises every month. You can sometimes choose your area of work, and they also give you the choice of what driver manager you work best with

Pros

Meal support

Rewards

6 enero 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Your feedback is important to us!

Left employee stranded in Indiana with broke down truck

Truck broke down middle of blizzard paid for one night of a hotel stay and because I called manager 21 times and got no answer to get another night stay. Hotel kicked me out, went to sit In truck (still not fixed or even looked at) In freezing cold. Will never recommend. Does not take care of business and wants all work from you

6 enero 2023

It’s rough. But how else do you get entry-level experience.

Definitely not a top shelf company. Pay is nominal. But if you are fresh out of trucking school and need to gain experience, they will get you in the door and on the road. Plan to endure hardships while cutting your teeth. However, if expectations are managed, one can make the best of things while earning there stripes.

6 enero 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Your feedback is important to us. We'd like more information on what we can do to turn your 3 star into a 5 star review. Feel free to reach out to us at humanresources@westernexp.com!

First show them you can work and they will work with you.

Go in with a positive attitude of "this is a job" and I'm a professional and being paid for it.Be kind, courteous and thoughtful of others and work hard and the rewards will come .

Pros

They had the freight.

Contras

Big company . Don't expect to get a slap on the back.

6 enero 2023
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you and all you do.

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Western Express. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general