USAA

3,6Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 3.913 evaluaciones

Ambiente estricto nivel de confidencialidad bancario

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
No esperes home office... nunca, tampoco cambiarte de área ni subir de puesto. Estabilidad laboral alta y buen salario aunque hay mucha rotación probablemente por aburrimiento ya que contratan level 3 pero hacemos labor de level 1 o 2 cuando mucho.

Pros

multiculturalidad

Contras

no puedes usar tu smartphone
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Actions speak louder than words

You'll have to do overtime to keep up with your list, the list of those who quit, and inbound calls. Management will do the bare minimum to keep their jobs, even if it means sacrificing the greater good of the members and employees. Plenty of empty culture promises and events to gaslight employees into staying.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to learn, but there's caveats

Great employment opportunity for entry level positions, and excellent environment to build skills and experience in the field. It is difficult to continue growth from there. "Member contact" roles vs. "non-member contact roles" are somewhat pitted against each other.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company and mission, poor execution

USAA is mission driven to serve members of the military community, veterans, and their families. This focus is what separates them, in a great way, from other Insurance companies. The pay is at the top of the segment and the benefits are arguably the best in the industry. Unfortunately, the management team was of such bad quality that it made working for a good company, a terrible experience. Micromanagement and the sole focus on numbers/analytics was a daily occurrence. The technology was dated, and the inept management led to massive delays on any improvements in the pipeline. While the company was focussed on growing membership, the hiring did not reflect that and overtime was needed a majority of the time to meet metrics expected of you. This seemed to be the case across a vast majority of the different job roles and departments. Thankfully, you worked with high quality team members who understood the situation and fostered a strong team mentality. It cannot be understated how horrible the management was. It made the daily experience unpleasant and often times miserable. Grudges, vendettas, unprofessional behavior, demeaning treatment, lying, and fear tactics were all commonplace. It is a disservice to the military community that are the focus of USAA's mission.

Pros

Mission, Co-Workers, pay and benefits, Remote work, lack of upward mobility

Contras

Deplorable management, unrealistic metrics, massive workload

Ehhh

It’s an ok company not paid enough for the amount of workload. Also the recruiters said different things. Then once you get the job you’re told different things . 44k salary including a Christmas bonus.

Pros

Cams badge

Little pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Great benefits package

Working at USAA has its ups and down. The company itself has great culture and employee engagement, but there were times were burnout was high and would happen often. The work is tough, but doable, but would be nice to really ensure there is sufficient work life balance.

Great Benefits

Back to back claims calls, on top of high demand of calls you work as a team by taking status calls on top of your work list, you must meet phone metrics along with work list metrics while having very little time to keep up with your own assigned claims because you are stuck in a call center environment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Used to be good… now not so much

They’ve lost their way. The company used to be great to work for but now they value numbers over people. They say service is their main focus, however if your numbers aren’t perfect, they don’t care.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Mission to serve is great BUT.....

USAA's foundation built on serving the military and its core values is great however the current claims department structure is not beneficial for a good claims or member experience. Accountability is necessary. MCO deep dives should be implemented more to stay ahead of any claims that are being handled poorly by the assigned adjuster. Corrective action should not be an afterthought. If a file handler is not producing ,offering good member experience, responsive to incoming correspondence especially for States that have time sensitive claims handling measures, then the handler is not a fit for the future of USAA. There were too many member complaints for things that could have been avoided if the handler was proactive and or knowledgeable of adjusting practices. Systems also need to be updated. New programing is necessary especially if the handler is required to be in the call queue 3 to 5 hours a day. Also offering a position as a remote opportunity but then taking it away and making it hybrid is definitely not fair especially if you have an employee that has been a top producer. Hybrid should be for those that need to be micromanagement. This should be based on the employee's individual performance and not a requirement throughout the company. Trying to take time off should not be like pulling teeth. The company is generous with PTO but finding a time to take it on an always blocked calendar is a headache. End of the year cashout may be nice but you are burnt out throughout the year that you are too exhausted to appreciate any monetary benefits the company offers. -
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

An excellent place to work

I was hired as a remote professional. USAA worked well with me the entire time I was there and did everything possible to try to retain me. The pay was on track and the benefits are above and beyond most other companies. If I have the opportunity to return, I would be more than happy to do so.

Okay to start a career

Pros:-I always had great leaders-Salary and benefits were above market-The work was challenging Cons:-No work life balance -Constant restructuring and threat of layoff-Dead weight in support roles
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Quick paced financial environment with poor work life balance

Received inbound insurance calls from 50 states for home, property, auto and umbrella policies. Also worked in outbound capacity calling members for account reviews or to follow up on started online quotes. Weekly one-on-one meeting with your manager, more if needed or requested. Team meetings are typically one a week, unless calls are surging, then they are cancelled. Easy to accrue PTO, have to bid for days off. Office open all but Christmas and New Year's, as employees are wanted available for military who are off for holidays. Floating holidays offered in exchange. Some days are back-to-back calls, some have a few minutes in-between to check emails and follow-ups. Advancement is available, but became harder and harder. Employees with years of experience were passed over for advancement for new employee, newly enrolled in further education.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Large means room to grow

Many departments means places to go. This allows for changes and growth and not just being stuck doing one job your whole career. In my short time there I was able to move through three different jobs.

Decent Job

Decent company. Pay is below average and they calculate bonus into your pay in an attempt to seem competitive. Made decision on hybrid model and no employee feedback was consider. Higher level decision makes don’t put their faces on major decisions. Workload is alright but often times you are rollover for lower level adjusters

Supportive & Growth-mindset Environment

Hybrid - determined by team manager. Flexible schedule - as long as you attend your meetings, complete your tasks, and remain transparent with your manager and team.A typical day can be one with a standup meeting and other meetings (depending on your line of work) and personal work time. Team manager and senior engineers are friendly and willing to help younger professionals. Many resources to learn and troubleshoot code bugs are available.Absolutely enjoyed my time here. I worked on a challenging and rewarding project that was important for my team.This review is based on a summer software engineering internship.

Pros

Affordable healthy meals, Free coffee soft drinks and water, Plenty of desk space in-office, Flexible schedule, Hybrid/Remote work, Great workplace culture, Challenging work that helps grow in skill and knowledge

Contras

None that I can think of, Maybe learning to navigate corporate politics for career advancement

Awesome mission; awful culture

Hierarchical command and control leadership style stifles innovation. Still very much a "good old boy" network. However, the right "culture fit" that is under 40 - 50 has many opportunities for career advancement.

Pros

Compensation and benefits; reputation

Contras

Limited career advancement for anyone not with the right connections.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It’s good as long as you don’t make one mistake

The actual work is easy , you’ll fall in love with the job because the calls are repetitive , everyone calls about the same thing so you’re just repeating yourself all day. But if you make one single mistake you’re fired. So beware of that.

Work in another department

I worked here for a year or so, the environment is very demanding. If you’re not talking to a customer on the phone then you’re not clocked in at USAA. 15 min breaks in one of the largest buildings in the USA , your break is half way gone just going up the escalator. Lunch is 30 mins. You can’t doordash or Uber, you have to bring your own lunch for a quick meal or travel to one of the 5 cafeterias on site that 13,000 people also have access too everyday. Half your lunch is waiting in line then the other half is trying to find a empty restroom quick enough so your adherence is in good standing. I’ve had high paced demanding jobs before, but they always have at least some type of down time to chit chat amongst your coworkers and such, not at USAA. Even if you could speaks the language you use is scrutinized! Seriously they say no cussing at the workplace. I’m all for being professional when I’m with a customer, but if I can’t be myself at work how do they see any sane person conforming there whole life for $20 an hour? It’s honestly ridiculous. I’m sure people enjoy they’re jobs working there but they where not in insurance side of USAA
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Large company with too much middle management

From 2013 to 2019 (until I left) USAA had excellent benefits and decent pay, but once hitting a mid-level developer role it was very hard to progress to senior.The middle management structure at USAA was too large and distant from the "work on the ground" to adapt to industry shifts.Many jobs required "on-call" support after hours due to the complex and dysfunctional release practices.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Well paid but not a good work balance

USAA provided financial wellbeing but I didn't realize how much it impacted my mental and physical health until I left the company. They provide many benefits to keep you with the company ... but the reality is that if you are in a customer facing job, you will be broken and destroyed over time.

Great co-workers

My co-workers were great. Some managers were great while others I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. There is 0 opportunity to move from the claims department even with an advanced degree and many years of experience within the company unless you know the right people. The pay is below other insurance carriers in the area.

Pros

co-workers and benefits

no advancement/low pay/high workload
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en USAA. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general