Silicon Valley Bank

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 161 evaluaciones

Productive and joyful opportunities

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Leadership allows for employees to take ownership of their functions and contribute to day to day processes. An enjoyable and fruitful environment to work. Work life balance is totally manageable

Back stabbing Be Aware

So many incompetent workers in operations specialists. The managers will use you up hard and it's a lot of back stabbing going on. Try to just do your job and ignore everyone. Deny everything the managers accuse you off because employees will gossip and back stab each other and make up lies to get people fired

Abysmal Work Culture

Driven by bottom line and treating employees as entries in a spreadsheet. Protectionism drives a non-sharing culture and teams push blame as default behavior.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work.Leadership from India is poor. Could be better.Company tries to focus on employees growth but due to poor leadership employees are suffering.

Excellent Company!

SVB provides an excellent environment to thrive and succeed! The company walks the talk and provides endless resources that allow for learning and continuous growth. I would highly recommend SVB as a place to work!

Pros

Great pay, benefits, PTO policy, facilities, and people!

Fast growth pains
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good place

Overall good place, high growth and tranformining into LFI. Salary is competitive. Managers are good and supportive at work. Office is good and supportive

Great Experience So Far

I'm learning a ton. I feel supported by my manager and beyond with my "buddy". Internal comms does a great job of keeping everybody in the loop/on the same page. Business partners & collaborators are smart, friendly and open/available. Benefits & comp are on par/better than my last few employers. I've experienced a remote-first culture, which is great for me as I'm not located near a hub. Department & C-Suite leadership seem to really care--about employees, about clients, about the work, about our communities. Appears to be a ton of runway in my role and broadly throughout the company. I'm surrounded by a good mix of people who have been with SVB for 15+ years and under 2 years that help keep the existing culture/what's made SVB grow, while bringing in new ideas.

Exciting client base

SVB boast one of the most innovative client bases of any bank in the world. They strive to meet those clients at the level of innovation, though can be encumbered by banking regulations and other challenges making it difficult to accomplish. All in all, great place to work with a high level of ability to make a difference!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not for the faint of heart

Moving to fast to master roles and the changes, always reactive rather than proactive. Stress is high.Leadership wants more and more, not much balance with work life and home. No disconnect.Benefits and pay are good but not enough to sell your soul
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?Good pay and good health benefitsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Constantly changing policy
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?Being the incumbent bank of the innovation economy and working with so many interesting early and growth stage companies What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Consistently understaffed teams, pay is not competitive, advancement is difficult/ambiguous and management is poor
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall a great place to work, if you like your job...

Working at SVB was great overall. My manager was great. He made sure to say in monthly reviews when I did well, and was patient when my numbers lagged in a given month. The pay was good for the role, and the other benefits (PTO and insurance) were good.My biggest issue was that, despite requesting it several times, I was not helped with reaching out to other departments and other lines of business. I didn't outright tell them that I wasn't satisfied with my position, but I made it very clear that I wanted to work more with people and get additional training for other roles. My managers were unresponsive to that. The job itself was also very tedious, and they restricted working from home quite a bit (for my role and some others), despite it being very doable.The traffic caused by the parking structure and the narrow roads is also nightmarish. It took me 45 minutes to get out, making me late for another engagement.Overall, if you enjoy whatever field you're in and land a job doing it at SVB, you'll be happy. Especially if it's in front/back end developing, software engineering, or data, since they all could work remotely with seemingly no difficulty.

Pros

Decent pay, competent management

Contras

Possibility of dead end roles, difficulty advancing or moving laterally, work flexibility, terrible traffic the office because of the parking structure

Nice

An environment you can learn, meet and interact. Continuous learning as every case is different, management really helpful and will guide you through.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Exceptional business model and growth prospects

Significant growing pains with some departments receiving more support than others, disproportionately. CEO is amazing and so genuine and authentic... he is so passionate about supporting our clients and employees.

Pros

Great outlook for future growth leading to work stability

Contras

Work/life balance is challenging given the tremendous growth
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Amazing culture, fast paced and growing, mediocre work/life balance

SVB has amazing people and leadership that truly seems to care. This has been the best company I've ever worked for. SVB is centered on relationships and has an empowering culture.The company is growing at an amazing pace and there are definitely growing pains that go along with this as we are not able to hire fast enough there is currently too much work for the existing staff.

Pros

Culture, challenging environment, great benefits

Long hours, tight deadlines

unique expereice

I was an SVB RMB FOF venture partner for 1 year. It was quite a demanding job as fundraising is never easy. I have been established wide investment institution connections. I did enjoy work with the local team and made a lot of progress along the way.

Pros

flexialbe working hour

constant travel

Beware

I acted as a consultant/contractor. No onboarding. Some nice people but manager was so full of himself and used "fear" to control others. Hard to work with HR. All in all, I survived but I would never go there on contract again - too many good places to work which will support you.

Pros

Pay "ok"

Contras

No onboarding and supervisor a tool

Great company unless...

You’re matched with an evil manager. You’ll hate your life at SVB. DON’T go to HR they are of no help, unless your with management. Peers saw what was happening but feared their own retaliation via compensation hold back.

Pros

Free lunches, Candy and soda (if you like that kind of stuff)

Too many to share here
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Methodology and Technology about 10 years behind but moving to improve.

Worked 6 month contract for an AGILE IT program which was run completely by a consulting group. That team was incredibly awesome and the business group I worked with was very professional and supportive of my work and skills. The team I reported to directly was absolutely worthless in training and or supporting the work I was doing. I had 20 years experience with a top notch, high tech company and they have been working in my field for less than 3 years. Although I was able to work well for the IT team due to my experience, my professional peers were pretty much worthless, did not understand the AGILE process or what deliverables were required. And therefore this was not a great place to work. The overall atmosphere was okay with the consultants but the time with my "peers" was useless.

Pros

Pay

Contras

Great people working with the IT Team (mostly consultants), HR Team was behind in their field, Somewhat disorganized in managing projects effectively to a Road-map
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Best place to work ever.

Great atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and the company as a whole is supportive. Game room on every floor and frequent catered lunches. They work you into things gradually so you never feel overwhelmed. Managers are great. Excellent pay and benefits. Can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Pay, benefits. Game rooms.

Located in Arizona.

SVB - Outstanding Environment

I am thrilled to work hard and be challanged each day. SVB brings out the best in you and your colleagues. Company values are lived by senior management each day. PPP lending profits are donated to charity, donation matches for funds and time. SVB puts its employees first, and expects them to put our clients first in turn. I am proud to be an SVB'er.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Silicon Valley Bank. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general