Signal 88 Security

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 756 evaluaciones

Good job for someone who likes the night

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
It was a good job pretty laid back, however most shifts are at night which limits your socal life. but all in all was a great job. managment was nice and worked well with employees well

Worlds worst management

They only expect certain people to revolve their life around the job. They will call you in on every single one of your days off (the same days off you have to fight for), if not atleast try to. Schedules are supposed to be made 6 weeks in advance, you’re lucky to get the next week made before that Friday is over. All of the uniforms are over $65 that you have to pay for even though you will probably receive used and old shirts. If you decline working one of your days off, they will punish you by taking your normal scheduled hours away and giving them to a family member of the supervisor. Politics run rampant and you will never be appreciated. BEWARE OF TAKING THIS POSITION, YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF SIGNAL88. THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND INDEFINITELY.

Pros

None.

Contras

No healthcare plan, unskilled upper management, No work/life balance, barely liveable wage
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nothing Positive To Say About This Company...

Be aware that this is a “franchised” security company, so there's not going to be any consistency. They don’t offer ANY benefits, No Paid Time Off, No Vacation, No Medical or Dental. Did not go through any type of employee orientation once I was hired. Their idea of employee orientation is watching a little 2 minute video of the CEO trying to pump you up by touting the company as a great team to work for. Was not drug tested at all before working my first assignment. They provide you with 2 used, worn-out polo shirts with the company logo on it as your uniform. Was told to buy my own uniform pants because they didn’t have any available at the office to issue me (and not once was it mentioned that I would be reimbursed for having to buy the pants.) When I arrived to work my assigned post, I was trained by a person labeled “regional coordinator”. I was hired to work a full-time position, and after beginning my shift, I was told that this was only going to be a part-time position due to the fact that they lost the other contract that I was going to work a full-time position at – ( I was lied to just to get me to fill a part-time position) Then I was told to “be patient” because the company was trying to get more full-time contracts in this area. Overall, to sum everything up, NOTHING POSITIVE to say about this company (Lies & No Benefits). If you’re looking to work for a security company that has their act together and offers stability, benefits, and incentives, this is DEFINITELY not the company to work for.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

My greatest experience to date

The only negative thing I have to say about Signal 88, was how far I had to drive to get to the office, and the relatively long shifts. Between the incredible managers, supervisors, team leaders and fellow guards, and the stable shifts and sites, it was a good experience to enter the Security field.

It was work

I worked here for a year it was something I got the most hours in the company I was grateful for that they were understanding and honest qith me they did ask a bit much and try to guilt trip me on my days off but overall was nice till the end
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

pays pretty good

it onlys pays good bc they have to or no one would work there tho. management has been inconsistent and fast to fire people. i dont have anything else to say

Terrible company

Retention is extremely low, constantly new faces because people always quit. Managers are terrible. There are no benefits (unless they changed that when i left). I think the only good thing about this company is the amount of overtime they give you.

Pros

Lots of Hours

Contras

no benefits, no flexibility, management, unorganized company, No communication

Run by incompetents

There's a few things you can absolutely expect at Signal 88; low pay and incompetent management. I was hired on as a field supervisor, and I had to hit the ground running. And I did, picking up extra shifts and filling in on patrols. However, all this extra work didn't pay off, as just after my 30 day review (which was positive), I was let go without any warning. Be aware that this is a *franchised* security company, so there's not going to be be any consistency between areas.

Simple & uncomplicated

I work alone, that's why there's no stress, no crazy personalities, no screaming out of control managers, just peace and quiet. I do my job and don't have to depend on slackers to do theirs.There's no malfunctioning computer equipment to be forced to work with, no crazy rules to adhere to that are ridiculous.I work 3 days a week, and earn what I was earning at a FT Union job working 5 days a week.

Quiet and productive

I enjoy working for this company it gives me a kick start for what my next goals. Also has good schedules to balance personal life and work life everyone is respectful to one another and supportive of everyone.

Pros

Balanced work and life schedule

Productive Workplace

Fully trained until you're ready to patrol on your own, fair pay rate, company vehicles for most sites. East to move up the ladder. You patrol alone follow checkpoint procedures if you need any additional guidance, there is a management team ready to meet your needs.

Great team atomosphere

Signal 88 Security Pittsburgh is a well run organization. The owner is very hands on and helps everyone achieve their goals. The work/life balance is great, and the job provides oplenty of flexibility.

Sugar Land, TX Office location

I thought the company was gonna be good. But slowly they started to show their true colors. First, They didn’t offer any benefits, No PTO, no vacation time, medical, dental, and no short or long term disability. So you better pray you or a family member don’t get sick. And they wanted you to clock in on post for people that wasn’t there, when there’s only one person working. & etc…. Never worked for a security company like this before. They definitely got to get it together if they wanna keep contracts and keep reliable employees.

Pros

A job

No Benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Will always have a job for you

It's a good company to work for... They will recognize you for your effort... If you are a parent and are required to work many hours the pay is good but it's hard to balance your family life. They will work with you the best they can.

Easy Work, Not So Good Management

The work was as easy as eating cake. The only issues were the fact that they didnt have their scheduling organized. My shift ended at 12 am & I Would Get A Call At 11:53 Asking Me Could I Stay& Work Tge 12-4 Because Someone Called Out. This Happened Multiple Times. Also I Came Maybe 2 Months Before My Due Date Sp I Didnt Qualify For Maternity Leave, But When I Tried To Come Back After My 6 Weeks & Things I Kept Receiving The Run Around. I Would Call & Text & Try My Best To Get In Contact Woth Someone Mainly ARDS, Because That Was My Supervisor. I Barely Got A Response. I Tried Multiple Times To Come Back & Work & Was Not Assisted.

Not a good place to work

I was treated like a child. They did not train me to adequately how to run their computer program. They wouldn’t take care of their vehicles when always told the problems. They gave me used uniforms to use and the printing came off their jackets. In all the company was not structured well and they needed a lot of help with the problems.

Pros

Not very much

Contras

There was a lot of conflicts and the system was terrible

Started pretty rough

Operations Manager at my time of hiring was difficult. Could never answer a guards phone call. After firing the old Op manager, my time with Signal got ALOT better. Signal has always been mindful of my personal life responsibilities. Usually got put on extra shifts when I have asked.

Ok

Sites were ok nothing too hard at all. Pay was ok but could be higher at the site I was at work being on guard with homeless all around with fights breaking out often

Awesome outfit

If you're looking for a security job, Signal is the place. $17.00 per hour, paid holidays, flexible schedule, gift cards for good attendance. I believe it is the highest paying security company in Rapid City by a wide margin. The job is great for retirees (I am one) or military veterans. College kids on break. Anyone can do this job--Signal trains you if you have no experience so you don't have to worry on that front. The owner is a really good guy and I am happy I found this outfit. You will be too. What are you waiting for, a written invitation?

Pros

Great pay, paid holidays.

Depending on you

The good thing when you start in signal 88 you feel like is the best and better place to work since your retirement after several months you going to feel is the worst place because of disrespect and no fair pay these no standards of pay in signal 88 the most you work the less you got paid

Pros

No lunchtime recommended

No health insurance

Not a good place to work

You will be left in bad areas with no one to get in contact with if something happens to you oh well call 911 and they rather hire outside the company before moving up people who been there for a while*
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Signal 88 Security. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

2,8 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Signal 88 Security
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?