Security Industry Specialists, Inc.
3,4 de 5 estrellas.
Realizar una evaluación

Evaluaciones de Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Evaluar a esta empresa

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 497 evaluaciones

Standard Security

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Average security job. Decent pay. Terrible benefits. It's really hard to get time off approved. Upper management is hit or miss. Lots of overtime opportunities.

Terrible Management...

A lot of walking and micro management your treated like your in a child day care center and you have people watching your every move like your the criminal on the campus instead of watching for criminals, Im surprise the have five stars mostly but I know why that may be not a good company and won't be surprise when they loose their contract.

Horrible

Upper management is more interested in playing the field as opposed to taking care of the clients They don’t care about the employees who actually do the work.

Supportive Work Culture

I worked here for 5 years and only left due to personal reasons during the pandemic. I moved up from Reception to Watch Commander during my 5 years there. I always felt supported by my leadership. I would go back and work there again.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Sad to see what this company has become

This is a great temporary job, think less than a year, especially if you're student. The flexible schedule and low pay almost makes this a mandatory temporary job.For anyone else looking for long term prospects, too bad. Hiring practices are incredibly misleading. They hire you as a security guard, but you end up doing warehouse work: pushing pallets, offloading semi trucks and working in hot, unbearable conditions in a full security uniform.Leadership here is a joke and promotes based on how much they like you, not how well you do your job. This creates a culture where talent inevitably leaves and that's ultimately what's going to destroy this company.They don't seem to care and since moving to better opportunities, I could couldn't care any less either.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Everything else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Toxic environment

Can’t say there’s any pros to this job. Just be careful. Get your money and go. The company does not care for their employees. Only for the client……..

Simple job but boring

Easy money although it’s pretty boring work. You won’t really enjoy the work but getting paid weekly or bi weekly if you need to live makes it make sense.

Pros

Easy work

Boring work environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The worksite is good but the company itself is just okay

For such a big company with huge contracts they can and should provide a lot better benefits. Their 401k is horrible! They dont match what you put in until the third quarter of the following year. At that time they review how well the company did and than they contribute a percentage to your 401k. Even rinky dinky companies match. Another thing they really need to do better on is their PTO’s. For every 30 hours you work you only accrue an hour. Ridiculous! They provide no sick time or holiday time. Everything is used from your PTO’s. Non paid FMLA! RIDICULOUS! Again this is a huge company that is also international with huge contracts Apple stores being one of their major contracts and the only thing that is exceptional is the pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good place to work

Not a good place to work! When your sick you mean nothing to them. And the managers gossip about their employees all the time! If your a back stabber you’ll do great their!

Pros

You can’t quit and don’t have to stay their!

Contras

They don’t care when your sick no matter how serious is your sickness!

Toxic work environment

To me overall experience wasn’t good, I can clearly say that working there was not good and I totally do not recommend from my personal experience.

Respected Company

SIS has an excellent reputation and many highly desired contracts. SIS offers an advantageous opportunity for Security personnel. Definitely join the SIS team.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great people and beautiful offices

It's one of the best rated security companies. The people are its most valuable asset but unfortunately they don't understand that concept. If you are not included in the "inner circle" it will be difficult to advance. Hard work, long hours, and constantly going above and beyond is expected. There is no work-life balance as the expectation for some departments is that you MUST be ready to work 24/7. Their compensation for most jobs aside from their off duty officers is far below the market. Their benefits are average and I've heard their "medical insurance" is horrible. They are self-insured so it's apparently extremely difficult to find a doctor or clinic to accept their insurance. Their provider has HORRIBLE reviews with the BBB.

Pros

People are wonderful and you can't find a nicer, more fun group of coworkers

Contras

Poor management, poor employee development, nepotism, poor salary other than those in upper management

Flexible and great pay

I worked with the company as an Off Duty Officer. Flexible hours and excellent pay. If you are a current or retired law enforcement officer this is the company for you! I only left because I moved to a state where SIS doesn't have any offices.

Pros

Flexible hours. You can work as much or as little as you want.

Contras

Some jobs are given at very short notice.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

No room for advancement of part-time security workers

Good place to start for young adults. Not a good place for those with parental responsibilities . No union nor any room for a Greivance process at the Northern California areas.

Pros

Work at the Apple Corporation

Low wages

Productive work environment

A comprehensive and educational work experience. Focused on client relations and employee growth. One of if not the best security services to work for. The training is ongoing helping you grow. I would recommend this company to first timers and veterans in the industry.

Being a guard In Chicago

Overall you’re underpaid to do the same job as the people next to you. You start at $18hr as a regular guard. The “Flex” guards starts at “$21-22hr”. They don’t really hire Flex people because they are just asking normal guards to do Flex things like working at multiple locations “to be a team player”. Your schedule isn’t set at all. You could be working at 3-4 different stores in one week and then the next week it can be completely different.

Pros

It’s not so bad if you can get in at an Apple store.

Contras

Standing for a 8hr shift, Only getting a 30min paid lunch break and a 15min break to sit the whole time

Tremendously rewarding company

Awesome place, an extremely professional and productive environment that empowers and builds its soft-inventory (employees). Accolades are too “little” on my reflection on this establishment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

An interesting place to work, but with some challenges.

Not easy to get to management. Communication with supervisor was not a thing to write about. Some coworkers made life unbearable for others.. Other than that, my experience with the company was great.

Pros

Good pay

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Low pay, review after a year. Can’t make it unless u work overtime

Extremely high turnover. You cannot make your bills unless you work a lot of overtime. Job security is nonexistent. Management does their best to accommodate but they are limited by the corporate decisions. You are a contract base security officer’s which comes with its pros and cons

Pros

Dayshift.

Contras

No medical benefits. Low starting wage. Standing outside in the cold for 12 hours.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Feels like being in the military standing all day at locations, always checking on guards so they can write them up, Supervisors seem like drill sergeants!!

No Career growth, Favoritism and Nepotism, Lowest pay as per industry standard

Unless you're a good at laying on the feets of others its hard to get a promotion. Even after getting promoted to a Supervisor its hard to sustain that position because they put you so much work that you will end up either quitting or demoting yourself. I know a lot of supervisors who went back to the position of specialist( security guard).Forget about any pay rise. I worked there for 2 years and didn't got any pay raise. Even people working before me didn't get any raise.Management is bunch of bullies. Don't. think that HR will come for your help. They all sit together to harass the employees. And just pretend that they are for you

Pros

If youre doing part-time then you can schedule your own hours and days of work

Forget about career growth. Only bootlickers can survive to rise. No Pay Raise
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Security Industry Specialists, Inc.. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,0 de 5 estrellas en Estabilidad laboral/Desarrollo profesional
3,1 de 5 estrellas en Administración
3,2 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Security Industry Specialists, Inc.
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?