PENNYMAC

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 547 evaluaciones

Meh.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
It wasn’t a bad job but I must say it was not easy to be there. It’s okay as far as just being a job to go to, but can get VERY stressful during busy season.

Horrible

Do not work for this company they promise you the world and never deliver. the only time you will get a promotion or close to what they have promised you is by going to HR and then they will be forced to keep their promises

Not impressive

PennyMac was kind of okay until it wasn't. During the great mortgage rate period of the pandemic financial incentives were given through inflated pay. When the mortgage industry interest rates took a hit so did my paycheck without notice. Then came the layoffs without any notification, oh that's right except on the day of. Also, there it is like pulling teeth to speak to payroll. Oh yeah, don't leave the company near beginning of a month or they will take your final paycheck or deduct to cover for the duration of that month's medical benefits WITHOUT explanation. This is not communicated through formal or verbal methods, nor is that anywhere in the employee handbook. I could say a lot more about the company but I digress.

Pros

some of the people

Contras

Communication or lack thereof about things within the company that impacts employees; payroll;

Great company

This place was a joy to work. I only resigned because I was offered a position at a prior place of employment. Looking back I should had not accepted the offer.

Pros

Always thinking about the employees, I opened my door to all types of surprises regularly.Cookies, water bottles icecream etc

Attrition
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company, people are great!

There are little to no raises and hard to get promoted even if you exceed goals. Great place to work but not for a long term career. Flexible schedules in some groups.

Pros

Flexibility, laid back environment

Pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

micro management

micro management...mangers have no manger skills no people skills no communication skills. very rude and crude...change the rules as you go along ... woke company..if that's your thing go for it...

micro management, woke

Good & Bad

The people are nice. Training as a whole is so terrible and that is though out the whole company. My department and from when I helped out in other departments when I’ll work was down. They don’t know what they doing as a whole

Pros

They pay good

They training is terrible
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Plenty of opportunity to grow your career but decision are made top down without exceptions.

PennyMac has some great people that really do want the best for you. That said the executive management refuses to let go of the idea that the company is no longer a one office company. With thousands of employees they really need to develop a more open mindset to alternative work schedules and remote options for those who want to maintain a better work life balance.

Pros

Friendly people, lots of learning opportunities.

Poor work live balance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun work place

I did this position while working from home, but through chats, calls and meeting they kept the work environment upbeat. There is great communication, the pay is good enough, and there is a great work life balance.

Good compensation, low mobility

Pennymac is a good company going through tough times. Pay has reduced across the board along with layoffs. This job will still pay well but requires more and more hard work to make less each month.

Work from home option

READ!-- NO GOOD NO Bueno, too many layers by the time you figure it out you are just done. Irregular day to day from management and operations, what you are being promised up front is not so and will be blamed on anyone else, if you ask or try to find out you become a target.

Pros

portfolio based leads

Contras

Operations/Management underdeveloped and demands are unabareable
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great teams, upper management tries to make it seem like they care, but really just treat you like a number

Working at pnmac was fine, until upper management laid off hundreds of employees. I did the exact same thing every day which got boring. The job was not necessarily hard, but there are lots of rules and guidelines that you have to learn to follow. But once you get them down, it is a piece of cake.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company to work for. Great leadership.

Great manager and leadership. It was a great opportunity to use my skills and learn new ones in the mortgage industry. I would recommend penny Mac to other job seekers.

Good Environment and the Culture is good

Overall great company good culture and fun place to with at - but no yearly raises !! Which is a huge downfall!! In order to get a pay raise you have to move to a different position that pays better - allot leave due to that reason alone !!

Pros

Fun, good environment, great culture

No raises ever !!

Confusing Messages

I didn’t understand why they hired on a large group of people only to lay them off 6 months later. Management will blow steam saying how valuable you are only to be laid off. You get ghosted once you are out. Zero pay raises. Lame gifts you’d never use and have to pay income tax on them. Would rather receive cash “gifts”.

Pros

People you work with. Ability to work remotely

Pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The pay was the best thing about it

Pay was good, but they did a mass firing in March for no reason. I would not recommend working for this company as there is absolutely zero job security. Also one of managers does not know how to talk to people and has been rude and reported to multiple employees and reported, but he’s never been talked it o or anything. They play favorites and have been doing mass firings for months now.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

No growth opportunities and do as your told culture

Leadership is not concerned with growth and development of employees. I was never asked about my career goals. I would bring up area's of opportunity and always told "it is what it is" rather than look for solutions or seize the opportunity. I was hired to assist in growing the company with my knowledge and prior success, however once hired- it was do as your told and not open to any suggestions. Male dominant leadership with lack of diversity.

Constantly changing

I would have liked to leave a better review however there was always constant changes and transferring between departments. Management literally has no clue what is going on or they find out right when it is happening. The turnover rate is high, and the benefits are okay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fairly simple role but no job security

The provided tasks for the specialist role are fairly simple and repetitive. Occasionally we get a more complicated file to work on that makes it more interesting, but it only happened a few times a week.Not that you have to worry about that until the mortgage market gets better. This role was phased out of the company and everyone in it at the site was laid off with 5-minute notice. No offer to relocate to other positions in the company beyond "feel free to apply to open positions" like you were a new hire. Such is the danger of a mortgage related job during a market downturn. At least the severance was decent.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun and Great working with colleagues.

It was fun to work with Pennymac until they have to let go of a lot of employees due to a Reduction In force. I was devastated, my FMLA to bond with my children was approved only then to let us go! They could have waited until I returned. But they didn't want to pay! Also, I was there exactly one year and they never pay me with their 401k 4% match promised.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Inclusive and fun environment, however very cold after lay offs due to low work volume.

I honestly enjoyed my experience working for Pennymac. They were very warm and welcoming, always looking for ways to boost employee morale. The work was very easy once you learned the knowledge and picked up on the skill. The only thing I find hugely disappointing is that they laid several of us off without any warning. Then, they didn't even reach out to send resources or check on us after being with the company. It was like, out of sight out of mind. I still have my belongings at my desk and I have no way of getting them and I have not been told how to retrieve them.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en PENNYMAC. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general