Northwestern Mutual

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 3.809 evaluaciones

Buena compañia, mala sucursal

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Northwestern <mutual tiene un buen producto pero la sucursal adonde trabaje tiene una cultura muy mala.

Pros

Puedes creear tu propio horario

Contras

Nadie te ayuda cuando realmente lo necesitas. Mucho egoísmo

Changing company

Company is changing… use to have a great culture. Culture is very budget based now. Which is not great for the customer experience. Not much advancement after Sr Director level unless someone leaves or retires.Love my team but I’m under paid and the company’s way of making up for it is extra activities. Moved to MKE in order to advance hitting a hard glass ceiling.Okay benefitsUnder market payInteresting upper senior leadership changes.

Very nice people

They have a great support system for interns, working with senior advisors. They may take advantage of you for connections, though. Its tough to start

Nope

All cold calls, don’t recommend if looking to take financial advisor route. They are looking to sell insurance as an insurance company. It would take a while to get into the wealth management side

Decent

Only commission based, do it if you like reaching out to personal contacts and if you don't, expect cold calling. Have to enjoy hearing no. No means next mentality.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fun workplace

Really fun and uplifting people to work with. It is hard work but if u put in the time and effort it is definitely worth while, and everyone in the office will make you feel at home
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive, growth opportunity, fun culture

Great management, the team is easy to work with, growth opportunities within the company at the local level and corporate level, company gives back to charity and community service

You work on Commission

You work on commission. Do you have the support you need to be successful? Do you receive proper training to do you job? Yes! The mentorship program that Northwestern Mutual provides is a great one, but this is a job where you build your own book of business from the ground up. That is hard. It can be difficult navigating friendships and relationships because you start building your network through your friends. The office culture was helpful and supportive, but sales-driven. The management team was great! THey were all great people, but the job itself is not easy. I would recommend gaining some other experience before making the switch unless you're a college grad who participated in their internship. I did this job, and I'm glad I did this job because I learned a lot about myself, how to get out of my comfort zone and network, and grew as a person. But I had difficult days, and a lot of your time is on the phone getting leads through networking or in meetings with clients through the different sales stages.While the mentorship was great, it was very difficult living on a commission-only salary. I'm not sure how the benefits worked because at the time I was still dependent on my parents' plan and didn't have to worry about it. A downside was that all my state licensing exams, materials, and other required textbooks to study for the test required for your job were 100% paid for by me. This job was also very stressful because if you didn't meet your quotas for the month, week, year, or term of your employment, then you were let go. But if you're a go-getter who has an entrepreneurial -

Good experience

It was a very good experience and I am glad that I did it. It was very challenging but I learned a lot from it. Was not a huge fan of reaching out to friends and family for sales.

Terrible

This company is good, but only when you are young and need a resume booster. The workers there don't even actually care about you to help you succeed all they do is wait for the next set of interns to work with.

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Well structured for a person wanting to be independent and driven towards the service of others

Great training program, help you build a professional dialogue for potential clients and a 5 star support system that helps you every stage of your business from start up all the way to professionally established with a minimum asset requirement for potential management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great people; lacking in management

Overall, it was a good experience. It was what I needed at the time, so my work/life balance was good. Was given opportunities, advancement, ongoing training. My only complaint was the compensation--which was not on target for the role/duties performed.

Management is horrible

Didn’t really care for this place, the management team was horrible. The free lunch was cool however I did not enjoy working here. Good luck to anyone who works there.

Pros

Free lunch

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great leadership and career opportunity.

Great environment for those the put the time into their practice. The advisors treat their teams well and there is opportunity to grow with education and designations.

Great

I loved it. Average people great management would have been able to get a new job in the store and they are doing good work for them but it’s not that bad in here to get the money back in the car and I can’t get my money together so I’m going to get a new card from the store to get my money together

Strong company, strong values

As one of the largest and oldest employers in Wisconsin, one might think that Northwestern Mutual's culture would be old-fashioned or stressful. I have found neither of these to be true. They are a company that works hard at being what its employees need, even in today's job market.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to cut your teeth in finance

Top notch training & immerisve start out. 100% commission is always tough, plan accordingly. Management team is always available and there to help. Great back office support until you are able to hire own staff.

flexible work

A typical day at work, you will need to call potential clients and set up conference call with next step. meet client in person has been required and report what you have done each week and what's your next week goal
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Be aware of the market overall

Northwestern Mutual has above average training on not just the sales process, but also the products (the latter is branch specific, I was lucky). All technology needed except a smartphone was provided and the availability of online CRM, training, payroll, and phoning/contact systems will be welcomed by a tech friendly person but could be daunting for non-tech types. Your issues tech is essentially free up front but in subsequent years your charged for almost all business support and technology items. The Agency is captive so your limited to only the companies products which although high quality are frequently some of the more expensive on the market. You technically have access to other products, the commission rates are quite low and sales don’t count toward company metrics if outside vendors are used(HEAVILY REVIEWED IN EMP REVIEWS). Virtually all business activity (commission) is split with a “joint work”partner, this has its advantages as a new rep since your partner is generally a more experienced rep, but with some of the industry’s lowest commissions to begin with, splits hurt. Your are 1099 employee but frequently treated like a traditional employee. The NM model is VERY referral oriented and you start by going after your personally know people “warm market”, if you don’t want to aggressively solicit your friends and family, NM may not be for you. I was sold on an income based on very frank conversations about the time I was willing to commit (45+) and quickly learned success was highly unlikely without 60+ hours and most night till past 8pm. This company can -

Good Products, Fake People

You will start slinging life insurance to your friends and family. They make it mandatory to do joint work so the people who brought you on and your "mentors" can get paid off people they would have never met. Also, you are forced to buy and wear suits even though 95% of meetings are via Zoom. Overall, it is an elaborate pyramid scheme full of manipulative people who only care about making money off you and anyone they talk too, once the funnel of money runs out, so do the relationships. However, the insurance products are actually good as is the financial advice and you will gain a lot of financial knowledge.Health benefits are very expensive, with no base salary to cover anything.

Pros

Knowledge gained

Contras

Manipulative management, cold calling, expensive benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to grow and learn

Everyone there truly wants to see you succeed and will help whenever you need it. There's so many different people there at different levels that can help you. They pick great people and keep a clear vision.

Pros

Everyone there truely want you to succeed.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Northwestern Mutual. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general