Menards

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 8.260 evaluaciones

Buenas

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Una muy buena compañía ojalá y Dios permita poder trabajar en ella esa es mi mayor emisión y orgullo
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good coworkers is best part

Upper management is one of the worst I've worked for - chip on the shoulder syndrome with a few. Coworkers are the best part of the job, there are some great people that work there, though they aren't appreciated. High employee turnover. Miniscule raises.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Busy, can be tiring some days

Scheduling can be bad and sometimes you are stuck taking care of the whole lot by yourself for 8 hours on a Saturday. Weekends can be extremely busy. Management is mostly good. Pay is decent.

Good pay, long hours

I worked at Menards for 3 years. I started out part time since I was in school then, which gave me a very flexible schedule that I could determine. Once I graduated and moved up to full time though, the schedule was less flexible. There were some things required of you, like working every other weekend and I believe you had to close at least one night. I moved up to an assistant department manager after that, and that's when your social life really gets away from you. You're usually on some kind of two week rotation with the department manager, which is hard to plan life around, and you're usually working long shifts. Sometimes I worked up to 12 hours, I knew some people in other depts who worked longer than that just for the money. Because that's the thing, you can make a lot of money at Menards, especially as you move up the ladder. It's not that hard to move up if you're looking for the opportunities, and if you make it known to your GM that you're looking for them. Just know that the company values lifers, and that's a pro or a con depending on who you are. Also know that they don't always equip you for new roles, unless that store is really on top of their training. Each store has it's own culture; we used to joke that each store was like a cult. I enjoyed the camaraderie that came from experiencing those Menards-specific things, and I'm still friends with some of the people I met there. I enjoyed the profit-sharing at the end of every year, it was a really nice bonus to look forward to. I liked that there were regular merit increases in pay based on your performance, -

Must improve greatly

You cant ask the gms for help in your department because they more than likely don't know what they are doing it and definitely will not take the time to learn it. Was consistently working nights by myself due to understaffing and was being swarmed with customers by myself with little to no help from upper management. Had to bother neighboring departments for assistance because the ones who are supposed to be our superiors could not help.

Pros

Lunch and breaks

Poor Management, Hours, Terrible Point system
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Alright Starting job

It can be alright as a first job. Moving up can be hard given longevity of some managers to stay in their management position for over 10 years, else not recommended due to painful customers as well as 12 hour days 2 days in a row on weekends every other weekend.

Good job, poor management

The job at Menards, during my time, was great in the aspect of being able to have a flexible schedule and work with guests. However, as soon as you move into management you have to start brown nosing like no other to keep your job. As a regular worker the job is great, but moving up is a terrible idea.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun place to work, but random hours

Not at all a bad place to work especially for a sales position in a store. Health and dental are offered, but no vision. One week of paid vacation. Really good pay. My coworkers were fun to work around. Most customers were kind too. They are flexible and will work with you on your hours. However, you will be required to work some weekends and morning and evening shifts if you are full time.

Hard work and good pay

I worked there for 2 years. The only reason I left was due to the fact the health insurance isn't very good. You will work hard at Menards no doubt about that. However, if you want to advance you can. They pay is really good and they pay a nice premium to work weekends. You also get paid every Friday.

Pros

Good pay

Bad benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Always something new to learn

No one day is the same. Staff and management are willing to help so you’re not floundering. The management team express interest in you as a person as well as an employee. Rude customers can be part of the course, just can’t take it personally.

Something new every day

Menards is a good entry level jobCo workers were niceThere is always something to doCons were at the time I worked hereWas last minute guests during closing time and had short breaks with little travel time to get into the break room and back without getting docked
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's a decent place to be.

The job place is decent to work in. All the people working there are pretty helpful for the most part. Management is better than at other places I have worked in and offer help whenever you need something from them. Pay is higher the minimum wage in the city. Hours are flexible all you gotta do is run it by your manager and try to see if the days work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall one of my favorite jobs I've had

I like the job and the benefits compared to other places around. Extra weekend bonus, weekly pay and IPS. The pay is good, I like the people I work with. My overall experience has been very positive

Menards review

Jobs alright , schedule is horrible. No choice in flexibility. Weight gets carried on you often. Being a full time position you might wanna kiss your social life good bye

One of my favorite jobs

Honestly I would love to work here again it was so much fun! I was able to be paid weekly, get proper support, discounts and only worked 4 hours a day. I only stopped working here due to car troubles and stopped having transportation but I’d absolutely work here again with no hesitation

Easy Job

Management is good. Easy to learn and fun to interact with customers. Staff are really open and inviting. Made good friends there. Really good pay especially when you work weekends and make $3 extra dollars per hour.

Good Pay

They pay is good but a lot of playing favorites from the top GM to managers. They like to promote from within the company no matter the skill set. They'll training you to be a manager even if you are right out of high school.

Unappreciated for your work

I’ve worked for menards from part time cashier, head cashier, 2nd front end assistant manager, and full time cashier. While the pay may be great overtime you become mentally tired of this company. The customer treat you worse than dirt and you’re supposed to sit there and take it. It’s the same thing everyday. So if you like consistency and a steady routine. Menards is perfect for you. Head cashiers do the same amount of work as a manager and being promoted from cashier to head cashier is only 25¢ more! And front end managers only get paid a dollar or two more than a full time cashier….

Garbage

Do not work here if you want to keep your sanity. The managers could not care less about you and they have no idea how to run a company. They will cut your hours without telling you.

it’s retail

it’s a basic retail store. menards as a company values money and not people. i’ve learned how to deal with the public and they always suck. each store is different. mine is okay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not very good place to work for variety of reasons

No equity amongst employees. Good workers taken advantage of. Lousy workers have no consequences applied. Upper management is not cooperative or considerate when communicating with staff. Management that is avoided whenever possible. Little consideration given to timely release of weekly schedule. Hours requested not honored Not really a good place to work if you take pride in your work, or need consistency in your job, or need open communication/fair with management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Menards. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,3 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Menards
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?