Kroger

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 34.044 evaluaciones

Buena

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Excelente empresa me gustaria volver a trabajar algun dia con ellos

Ok place to work

It was ok I was alone walking around shopping all day. But it was fun. Managers were ok. The hours were pretty good and the other employees were nice .

Mental stress

Store manager doesn't really care for anyone the place is a dead zone for workers because you request on day in the middle of the week to not have to work they take that as not wanting to work around the 16 hour threshold that was required by union and coworkers would talk behind your back and customers were rude and entitled alot of the times.

It’s horrible

They’re mean, they don’t care how you are treated there. Yk up get in trouble with management by the stupidest things. Bad pay with bad customers. It’s horrible

Pros

Lunch whenever I’m off

No benefits

Decent place to work.

Good benefits. Great work life balance! Inexperienced management. Bad communication. No logistic knowledge. HR Was never available for communication. False sense of belonging. When the vans were having transmission issues. They refused to send it to the mechanics. Always say they are “fine”. Not a safe work environment from the driver perspective.

Pros

Benefits, pto, scheduling

inexperienced management. Unavailable HR
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Terrible

Terrible management and very poorly maintained store, the manager of the store has the biggest head in the world and takes his job like he’s the president of the US

Horrible

I’m so happy I left when I did. One week they had me working 7 days a week and the next I couldn’t even get any hours! It was constantly back and forth and management did nothing to help! Great store to shop at, not a great store to work at

Pros

Decent money

Everything else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Decent pay and benefits but horrible work environment and management

They offer decent pay and benefits, especially compared to similar jobs at places like Walmart or target. However, management is awful and create a hostile work environment, nothing you do is ever good enough, they off no work life balance and if you have to miss work for any reason, they will bully the heck out of you to try and get you to come in. They will be nice and supportive until you become even the most slightly inconvenient for them, aka call off at all or complain about anything. Hours are also incredibly inconsistent.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Company and union hostile to older, long-term employees.

I quit after 35 years (secure job) after a contract was pushed through that favored new and future employees with $1.50-2.00/hour wage increases, over long-term employees (I got $.39/hr) and health benefits went from 85/15 to 80/20, $500 deductible became $750, and premiums were raised. Hostile moves against older workers. UFCW was complicit.

Pros

Can't get fired unless you kill someone.

Contras

Customers' abuse, low social status, low pay

Great coworkers, rough company

I have to say that the people Kroger hires are most often times friendly and easy to get along with. However the company itself keeps implementing policies that keep taking away benefits for our efforts and give terrible excuses.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

flexible schedule and possible job advancement opportunities

I worked in the pharmacy at Kroger's so I'm not sure how working any other position was like. They helped me get my pharmacy technician certification. They also were very flexible with my schedule and were understanding of having kids. Most positions have job advancement opportunities. I recommend working at Kroger's as a pharmacy technician.

Pros

union and flexible schedule

Contras

the pay isn't much and management was difficult
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice place to work but BAD management

I loved working at Kroger, until I took time off (which had been discussed prior to employment and was accepted) and when I tried to call MULTIPLE times to be put back on the schedule (which I SHOULD NOT have to do) they ignored ALL OF MY CALLS. I’m furious with how they treated me. I don’t recommend working there unless you don’t intend to EVER take a vacation.

Favoritism

This company is corrupt and runs on favoritism. You will hate you life if you work there. No Kroger employee is happy. I dreaded coming in every day for my full time shift

Pros

Some times free food

Awful management

A solid job... 401k and benefits keep me somewhat satisfied

I've been working for the company since 2013... started as a part-time overnight stocker... I worked my way up to a level 3 and work full-time during the day now (thankfully). Management will treat you well and like a close friend if you are dedicated and do your job. I've noticed if you stray away from being an exemplentory employee, management can easily become toxic/negative. I've witnessed store directors and department managers stress other employees out and even talk negatively behind certain employees' backs. I always work at least 40 hours a week which sounds normal for maybe an office job... but for retail 40+ hours becomes exhausting on the mind and body. I really do hope Kroger and all of its sub-locations eventually switch to a 4 day work week as there is no work/personal life balance. My only grudge against the company is that I quit on short notice back in 2018 (less than 2 months) and lost my original pay, benefits, and vacation time. I go into work every day feeling bitter that I do not get paid what a loyal employee of 9+ years should earn. Why am I only making about 30 cents more than the guy pushing carts? The pay and leveling up system is totally unfair and is very much a "game" you have to play in order to earn more. If you can become a Level 4, I think that's the sweet spot, not quite management, not quite bottom of the barrel... Good luck to any new hires.

Pros

401k, Amazing co-workers, paid weekly

Unfair pay, long hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Poorly run environment and management style

I was not at all satisfied with my employment at that location. Mistreatment of employees seemed to be acceptable in that workplace and overall social environment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

overall good job the pay is kind of on the low category I worked in the deli and did several other jobs including a job of cleaning the meat cutters saw that I never operated.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's a good place to work you have paid vacation and weekly pay and holiday pay

Great company to work for friendly employees who is there to help when needed,career growth paid time off, great pay,nice customers, employer discount when shopping.

Solid hours and pay

Overall atmosphere is just OK, customers aren’t too thrilled to be shopping at Kroger nor thrilled to be interacting with the workers. Mostly Karen’s causing an uproar will be the root of your problems. Pay is very solid and hours are guaranteed. Management isn’t very strict.

too top heavy

working there i realized quick that there were too many bosses and it made it hard to complete tasks because all of them had different ways of doing something
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Waste of time dont apply

They make it sound too good to be true they make it impossible to meet the incentive pay they also make you feel like ur important but once you don't meet the incentive that they make sure you don't get they hostile you and threaten you that you will get fired I have resigned due to seeing how employees got treat

Contras

Unprofessional leadership unprofessional supervision racism

Toxic

Very toxic work environment, violent, demanding expectations. No accountability for the way associates are treated. The worst company for work/life balance. Do not care.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Kroger. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,2 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Kroger
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?