Inter-Con Security Systems

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,0Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 32 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 971 evaluaciones

Good work great pay but…

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I liked the job. I was a security guard. The draw back is getting up at crazy hours, schedule changes every week and lots of standing and 12 hour shifts.The pay is great. Great overtime opportunity. I’ll put it this way. If you are single, no kids. This job is great way to get good money. If you do have kids or a family it may be difficult to plan things like doctors appointments and going to your kids games because at any more the can have you come in on your day off or your 6 hour shift turns into a 12 hour shift or you get held over because someone called out or if someone is late etc.The supervisors are pretty reasonable. There are some strict rules but we are working at government buildings so strict rules are needed. Some of the younger officers have a struggle adapting to the level of strictness and professionalism. But they are weeded out fairly quickly and those that do adapt usually doing very well, make great Monday and sometimes get hired from the government from there

Pros

Great money. Paid holiday if you are off

Contras

Standing long periods, no set schedule and it changes every week

Great company!

Great company to work for! Pay is good, supervisors are very helpful. Great team of officers; all are friendly, helpful and respectful! The only thing I don’t like is; if you are a new hire, you have to work on graveyard shift (1900 to 0700) and no scope of moving to day shift. I will recommend this company to my friends and family!!!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Excellent pay and hands on training

All training is provided by the employer on a yearly basis. Pay raise or good. The only draw back is too much time off that the company has a strict policy on outside employment. The employee comes in with all the credentials and experiences that the company requires for employment. But the valuable officer that suppose to be an asset to the contract, hands are tied that they can’t provide for their families by working for any other corrections, security or law enforcement capacity other then Inter Con Security. We as officers have worked in the past on several federal contracts and have never witness such unfounded anti policy of not being able to provide for their families with hardships.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Easy money and Easy work, terrible management

You are effectively and actor in a security theater. In two years I have never had to do much more than unlock a door for an employee and escort visitors through sensitive spaces. There are no fixed schedules, you will work 1 week Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and the next week work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.

Okay job for retirement

The job pays decently but management, from direct supervisor to bosses in DC and Cali, don't care about your well being or your family. Horrible communication and if you're part time your schedule changes constantly making it hard to schedule future appts for Drs and Dentist. You have to sign in on a tablet and the company is so petty that if you're 1 minute late they dock you that time. Getting replacement uniform items are a joke. I put in request for new boots and hat 4 times in the last year and never heard a word back. they are so worn they're pathetic looking. They also had a physical readiness test forced upon us in this contract that requires you to run 1.5 mile run, pushups, situps in certain times (This company has many older workers and retirees. Police debts don't even require their employees to do this test). A lot of unnecessary testing.

Pros

decent pay, hours of work

Contras

micro managers, lack of support, lack of uniforms, electronic sign ins, PT test yearly
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Only benefit is getting a clearance

Terrible leadership, no work/life balance, no guaranteed hours, questionable coworkers, horrendous work conditions, absolutely no support from HR/union, disciplinary action served immediately regardless of reason, terrible equipment and slow, if at all, distribution of any types of resources and/or equipment. To put simply, you'd have a better chance of putting out a grease fire with more grease than you would at finding someone that's happy to work here.

Pros

Clearance

Literally everything else

Gives Clearance

Terrible management. Awful scheduling. No work-life balance. Your ability to ask for time off, even for an emergency is a hassle. You're treated like an inconvenience to management when you ask for certain scheduling structure.

Pros

pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good stepping stone, don't stay longer than a year

The company doesn't care about your life outside of work. Control freaks, want to push people in and out quick so you can't get your clearance. Uniforms are very uncomfortable. You will always be looked down on

Pros

Stepping stone, Clearance

Management, controlling, you're replaceable
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Inter-con is beyond disorganized and dysfunctional. Want to have a set schedule or outside life? Too bad. Schedules are all over the place. Often times you will work longer than scheduled but wont find out until last minute. Pay is often messed up. Management is clueless.

Pros

Pay

Tough Place to Work

Cons Intercon is a rigorous place to work. The work life balance is almost null and void. You will be exposed to the weather and will be shown no mercy. This is a place to work long enough for your clearance and then transition. Pros The money is very good and great opportunity for overtime
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I wasnt very pleased with intercons management. They didnt care about morale or the people who worked for them. They cared more about the dogs than the human employees
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Quite possibly the worst company I have ever worked for

This company is among the most mismanaged companies I have ever worked for. The supervisors are incompetent, and the corporate structure is more of a dictatorship than a professional office.

good money and thats it

this job is not for the weak at heart....if you're willing to be abused by an overbearing managerial staff aided by a discipline policy geared to end your employment, this could be the job for you. Get the job, get your clearance, and get out!

Pros

money and clearance

everything else

Good company

The Company is decent to work for. Just like every company, they do good things and bad things. Keep track of your Paid-Time Off, they do not put it on the paystubs so it is up to the officer to maintain accountability. Vacation starts after working the first year, depending on your hours will dictate number of hours vacation.

Pros

Good Pay

Contras

Dealing with the public on occasion

Horrible work conditions

This company will write you up for every little thing possible (even if they have to make it up) until you get terminated. I do not recommend this job for anyone.

Pros

Compensation

Everything besides compensation

Absoulutey terrible company

Poor management makes for a poor workforce, no concern for work life balance, management has only concern for itself and not their employees, would not recommend working here

Just Started

So far so good. I am a young man and this is a stepping stone for me. I plan to get my degree and move on to a federal job from here. I like it so far though.

Pros

Decent pay. Fair treatment, good people

Contract work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This is a temporary job!

From my reviews it looks as though this is not an attractive place to work. Although I did not enjoy every day working there, I will say that this is the perfect stepping stone job. They provide you with a security clearance, the money is good especially for recent college graduates, they also provide credentials such as a security guard license, active shooter training, and things that would be ideal for advancement in fields like law enforcement. However, while you are there it can be stressful. The environment is less than ideal. As long as you stay positive and focused on what you came for, it is definitely worth it in the long run.

Pros

Coworkers are great, flexibility with the hours, and the pay is good.

Can be stressful
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good job and great pay. The job is what you make it.

The job offers great benefits, great pay (Overtime hours available). All training, uniforms and required gear is provided by employer. The job is what you make it.

Pros

Great benefits and pay

Contras

Short breaks, at times some erratic hours

Good to work at. Good Pay

Good Job. Good Pay (as of this writing 29.00/hourly) No overnight shifts, rarely work weekends (except for twice annual training). Very involved in working with public - That can be a mixed blessing. Most people were courteous, but sometimes you have that person that just can not go along. Uniforms, Equipment, and Paid Traing provided by Company.

great company

classy staff and great management,. Highly recommended. training was also enjoyable. had to go to VA for a month but everything was paid for even food and lodging
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Inter-Con Security Systems. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general