Inter-Con Security Systems

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,0Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 88 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 971 evaluaciones

Eh

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
One of the best paying security job in SA. It has its ups and downs just gotta watch out with little clicks etc., As well as supervisors. Would be better if everyone got equal hours

Assigned to contract work

Little growth opportunities. Management doesn’t know what the benefits are for contract employees or how holidays are paid. A big one is the overtime isn’t paid and nobody really knows what’s going on . Double standards are quite common and character is lacking for allowing this to go on unaddressed. The supervisor is a previous friend with the manager creating conflict of interest. Communication is lacking.

Pros

Be grateful if pay is correct.

Contras

People think it’s okay to operate like this.

Good pay

Paid training, decent benefits. The job itself it extremely laid back. Only one contract currently, but it's a great job and the company has offices everywhere.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

If you have a family not the place to work

If you have a family it is not the place to work. they do not work with your on your schedule. The higher up management Do not care about and are after to get you every day.

Wasn’t good to work at

Get used and abuse, have no days off. You working long hours, have no time off. Has terrible management. The pay is the only good thing, but other then that it’s not worth it
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Need to get it together and unfair

Got let go with no previous warming due to a family emergency. They only care about coverage. No armed officer hours. Constantly change or take away your hours. You never get the full 40 hours. Not really willing to work with hours you need. And never get relieved on time due to people always calling out at the supervisors always working to cover the open spot. Pay is good if yoir lucky to even get the position you need. But not worth it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company to work for!

They pay good and lot of hours available for overtime. Overall not a bad company to work for and they value your work and pay accordingly. Some times You have to stayover without prior noticed if someone call off at the last minute. Overtime is available for those who want to earn more and help their family.

Pros

lots of overtime available.

Contras

Sometimes you have to stayover if someone call off and there is nobody available
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A great place to get either experience or build your portfolio.

A company that will pay for training in the gun range and other training that your job requires to update. Other training such as miscellaneous in keeping your wits is on line and completed monthly such as driving patrol vehicle, writing, First Aid, health issues, and work environment in a multiple choice question after reading article explanation.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's what you make of it

Worked in DC for a year. Everybody agrees that it's great pay. And you get a clearance. Staffing fluctuates throughout the year so expect to have months where you have no life outside of work and others where you're begging for more hours. I would recommend this to anybody who wants to get into gov work because of the clearance but don't stay too long.

Stay Away!

They pay well, but it's not worth the cost. The constant scheduling conflicts will have you looking elsewhere very fast. I was working overnights, and would begged to come in for 1st. They didn't care if I slept or ate. They do not look out for their employees. They are the most selfish company I've ever worked for. 14 hour days, 6 days a week as not good enough for them. Stay away from this dumpster fire of a company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company to work with good pay on time hopefully we can see good management in the future with good attitude and Justice and equality between the officers

Pros

Pay on time

Managment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Better than most security companies.

Management has a professional attitude, which is commendable, however execution in the "real world" of Security creates relatively high employee turnover. This is not entirely IC's fault as the "talent pool" from which to choose is very shallow.

Satisfactory at best job

This job can entail driving to different areas, not compensated for gas(rarely)no raises been here 8 years wasnt happy leaving very soon,thank goodness

Productive Lots of advancement opportunities

I love working for Inter con security service.I’ve been working for security for 13 years and they are great employers.They work with you on your schedule and life unexpected situation.Advance opportunity and more pay I Highly recommend Inter Con
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good company to work for.

I've been with Intercon for over 9 years. The good is that your paycheck is usually accurate and there are always an abundance of hours you can pick up, hopefully they will be within a 2 hour drive and maybe youll get lucky and get mileage although its not guaranteed. The turnover rate is unbelievable. The management overall is lacking. Human resources is almost non existent. Raises are very few and far between. The vacation policy is so confusing if you ask 10 people to explain it you'll get 10 different answers. They don't offer competitive wages and are always looking for ways to cut corners even at the cost of effectiveness. They used to hire officers of high caliber and had relatively high standards, but now they'll hire anyone with a heartbeat and a guard card. If you do plan on working for intercon then I'd recommend you take the job if you need it to get by because in my opinion this isn't a long term job and intercon really doesn't value loyalty or a good work ethic. We are constantly reminded via email from mangement that we are disposable and will be easily replaced.

Not fun work place

It's all oh okay . good but not enough money for the job. And the people are good on the job.i have nothing else to talk about and I would give the company a 5 star rate

Workplace

It’s nice here however the days can drag.Management isn’t the best however the pay is very good for not doin much work. Main state is probably the hardest station to work.

You'll have a job

Intercon has incompetent management. All they care about is placing a body on a post. Intercon has the most ragged, sloppiest, crew of security officers I have see. They pay LESS than other Security companies. You'll have problems reaching HR and Payroll. Would strongly recommend that you do NOT work for this company.

Pros

You'll have a job

Can't reach HR, Payroll, bad management

An overall good company

Inter-Con is a large company and the experience will wildly vary for each person. With so many acounts held and that fact that the experience will be different on each different client location it's not easy to say what your experience will be.I've never had a problem finding hours or had a problem with my pay. Every day off that I requested was honored. As a fixed site officer I have been in a steady post for nine years. I worked hard and was rewarded with a supervisory position as a post commander.

Pros

There is a good firearm training program in California.

Contras

The company can feel sterile because there is little interaction from higher levels, the corporate office feels like a different world.

Do not recommend

I worked for them for 8 months. The Managers don’t have any ideas where their employees are scheduled to work. One day I was working and one of the managers was screaming at me on the phone because he said I did not show up to work when I was already working for hours. When I resigned they kept calling me home asking me why I had abandoned post when I had resigned two years ago. Totally unprofessional, they can not track their employees.

Pros

The posts are good. Extremely good training and equipment

Contras

Pay is only 32 hours a week, they consider it full time. Unprofessional managers.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Work is easy, pay is decent, but definitely improvements are needed.

I was hired for the JP Morgan contract Armed Position working at banks. Overall, pretty simple job. The Good:Decent payPlenty of hours if you want themDecent hours/schedule, at least in this contract.The Bad:Complete lack of management or support since they are based in California and I am here in Colorado.Requesting uniforms is a joke.Communication is nonexistent If you try to carry your own equipment, you have to fight pretty hard.No decent trainingNo help with getting required Denver licensingAny sick leave or covid leave rules are California based, so here you are screwed.Office people have no manners or care.Can’t have facial hair, or be yourself with normal piercings. They restrict you on all of that.Etc.People in this company who read this can agree or disagree, but these are my honest feedbacks and experience. I felt alone and unsupported. I felt no one was ever on the same page and no one knew what to do for the contract in Colorado. I had to explain to the recruiter how licensing worked here. That all should be known before you open one in another state. I left and didn’t look back.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Inter-Con Security Systems. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

Basado en 971 evaluaciones

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,0 de 5 estrellas en Equilibrio vida personal/laboral
3,1 de 5 estrellas en Salario/Beneficios contractuales
2,9 de 5 estrellas en Estabilidad laboral/Desarrollo profesional
2,8 de 5 estrellas en Administración
3,0 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?