GEOAmey

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 259 evaluaciones

Productive workplace

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Colleagues are mostly the only positive about the job, although the job is actually ok. Long and draining hours, underpaid for the risks that the job involves, management and logistics risk the safety of staff with poor decision making. Pay rises have been given over the past 2 years although almost every money related bonuses and incentives have been taken away. Management dont listen to staff when it comes to ways of retaining staff or how to make work a more positive place.Good for individuals that just want a live-to-work type of career.

Pros

Amazing colleagues

Contras

Long hours, high risk job with low pay, poor management and decision making, high staff turnover

Fast paced

Although rewarding it is a fast paced, stressful environment for Senior leadership. Hours are long for all but every day is different. Many long serving staff remain but difficult to recruit at present so pressures of low staffing generating issues and additional pressure.

Pros

Great staff, from top to bottom.

Pay doesn’t reflect role
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Interesting job, but no life outside of work

The job is really interesting and different, however there’s no work life balance whatsoever and management don’t care about you whatsoever. Constantly tired on the job which is dangerous when you’re driving a 7.5 tonne / 12 tonne prison vanVery two faced staff who won’t think twice about stabbing you in the back so you constantly feel as though you can’t do anything wrong.Days can be very long at times due to the fact you don’t get finishing times, and for the pay we receive it’s really not worth it considering what we have to do

Pros

Overtime always available, blue light card, uniform provided

Contras

Long days, no finishing times, a lot of back stabbing, management are shocking, wage isn’t the best considering the amount we have to put up with

Poorly run

Poorly run for ever making changes to the contracts and make a mess of it every time. Never finish on time , pays always wrong , management ability is non existent , zero communication across the whole company. Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Something different every day

The job has its pros and cons like any job, yes the pay could be much better for what you deal with but I can honestly say I enjoy my job and I'm proud to work for the company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Challenging

Generally the staff are ok but the management team have their favourites and this is evident when allocating runs and jobs to crews. Unfortunately there are instances where misdemeanours are ignored if it’s a favourite member of staff

Pros

Teamwork

Indifferent Hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A shambles of a company to work for.

Shockingly managed, wages very often incorrect, an hr department that doesn't reply to emails, management that don't reply to emails. In truth the worst company I have worked for
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good

Great group of people that you will work with, the hours can vary but as more staff are recruited the hours do get better. Very interesting job, it’s not a hard job but you do have to be on the ball at all times

Stressful

If you like long hours,no finish time, wages for dealing with all sorts of criminals then this is the job for you. Management dont care,just told to get on with it,if you refuse then your under investigation

Avoid at all costs

Probably the worst job i have held in my full adult life. You are just a number to them, tricked into working more than sufficient overtime. The higher the management post - the less they care about people. The custodies are cared for more than the actual staff. So obvious the company wants to make a profit over the care and walefare of the custodies like they state. Guys and girls stuck in cells for 5-6 hours after court appearance awaiting transport back to the prisons instead of the 2 hours they are supposed to. So if you like being takem advantage of.... feel free to apply.

Pros

Overtime if you want it

Contras

Long hours, pay, work/life balance/higher management

Rubbish company

If you want to work exceedingly long hours and get paid peanuts then this is the job for you, zero respect from management, dealing with the scrapings off the pavement every single day risking your personal safety then send your applications in now

Pros

Some decent colleagues

Contras

No worklife balance, useless management

No career progression

Long hours but staff on the ground are a good team. Problems occur higher up the chain of command. Area managers brought in who have never seen a custody environment never mind a prisoner! Turned our area into a sham within a matter of months. You will only progress if your face fits, not if you're actually good at your role. Shame really as I would of retired here. I loved my job! It's not a hard job by any stretch, but yes, the hours are long and you will deal with conflict and violence. Not an every day occurrence may I add, might not get any issues for weeks or have 3 incidents in a week.

23 junio 2022
Thanks for taking the time to feedback. We’re glad that you loved your job and disappointed that you felt the need to leave us.We’re sorry that you had a bad experience with a manager. You will know that many of our mid and senior level managers are in fact long-standing employees who have worked with us at all levels of the company and know the business inside out.We’re always happy to welcome back experienced ex-employees as we know the value they add to our business. Please get in touch if you would consider another role with us.

Disgrace

Management don’t know what day it is long hours you get better pay working in Aldi and it’s safer, they don’t like to pay you overtime in money they say time in lieu. Sitting at the back of a geoamey van you will get a better smell working at a waste factory

23 junio 2022
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.We don’t hide from new recruits that the hours can be long and unpredictable. That’s in the nature of the role. We operate a system of balanced hours over a reference period, but we will always compensate for extra hours worked.We gave a significant and well deserved pay rise last year which, along with a very comprehensive package makes equally if not more competitive than any of the supermarkets.

Avoid at all costs

Dealing with prisoners is a walk in the park compared to dealing with the absolute idiots who call themselves managers. No work life balance and no finish time. You can go home when the job is done. All managers care about is cost and the bottom line. No job that pays so poorly is worth that amount of hassle.

Pros

The banter with colleagues

Managers, work life balance

23 junio 2022
Thanks for the feedback.We’re glad that you felt comfortable dealing with prisoners, as many new recruits can be worried about that very important part of the job.We have to disagree with you most strongly that managers only care about the bottom line. As a company our highest priority is to treat those we are responsible for (our people and prisoners) with care, respect and dignity and to do everything we can to make sure that everyone is kept safe.Hours can be long but the average weekly hours worked from Preston this year is 40.72, this is far from excessive. You are clearly disgruntled which we are sorry about and it’s a shame we couldn’t talk through the concerns you had before leaving us.

Long Hours little money!!!

Bloody long hours very little money for the job!! Management tell you what day you have off instead of you choosing as it states in their policies!! A joke of a company tbh.

23 junio 2022
Thanks for the feedback.All new recruits are told about the long and unpredictable hours. That’s an inevitable part of the job given the nature of the role getting prisoners to where they need to be by the end of the day.We do try to balance hours by giving time back to employees rather than just paying overtime and we do our very best to accommodate employee needs when doing so.

Not for the faint hearted

Brilliant job but totally ruined by a bullying management style that basically expects you to be at their beck and call 24/7. Wages and particularly the pension are very poor.

Pros

Every day is totally different to the previous one.

Contras

Long hours for a poor rate of pay

23 junio 2022
Thanks for providing your feedback.We appreciate that working late can be a challenge in a role that is subject to external factors such as court delays, and it is often our managers that have to deal with this.We have always and continue to work on managing this and where possible, we try to give time back to employees to make up for late shifts.Our overall package is very competitive with those on permanent night shift earning a basic £27k with an opportunity to add significantly more.

Nasty place to workConstantly lied tooManagement shambolic Wages wrong every month

Worst company I ever worked for.Was there for 17 years loved the job and staff. Some great laughs. But when geoamey won the contract wow it went down like a lead balloon. Management shambolic. Long hours. No finish time. No support. Lied to constantly. Wages wrong most months. I would advise anyone thinking of taking this job to put the crack pipe down.

23 junio 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback.Some of the comments you have made, we would dispute. Pay has increased following positive discussions with unions, and we have put in place a number of new measures to support staff with flexible working requests. We continue to work on measures to reduce working hours.We make every effort to support our officers whether that be due to physical or mental health challenges, providing flexibility where required or for development opportunities and we know that our officers support us to by going the extra mile for the company, their team members and the people in our care. One of our values is Openness and whilst sometimes the message is not what people want to hear we pride ourselves on doing the right thing to maintain standards. We suspect that to have worked for us for so long you were very committed to the role and the company. We are sorry to hear that you felt latterly things were less positive and we wish you luck going forward.

Joke

The job is a joke you get a start time with no finish time you sign a contact and they go over your hours with no regard to child care and times to collect your child even tho you are told in interview the shift times I would recommend you look else where and do not apply for this job

23 junio 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback.As you will know, working hours can be variable due to delays to courts or with persons in our care requiring and intervention or attention unexpectedly.We are continuing to look at ways to address this as we fully acknowledge the impact this can have on personal arrangements where delays are encountered.

Interesting and no 2 days the same

Interesting job, no days are the same. Hours are unpredictable especially for vehicle staff but on the recruitment days all candidates are told that a start time is guaranteed but not a finish time. In this role things can change in a second but again this is drilled in on the recruitment day so anyone saying the hours are too long and no work life balance need to remember what was said, yes some days are long but things happen that are out of any one’s control it’s the nature of the beast in this industry, after all we are moving people not tins of beans. Managers will do their best to get you back the next day after a long shift the previous day when they can. You get out what you put in same as any job. Ask those who slate the company how long they have worked there I can guarantee it’s over 10 years!

Pros

Good group of officers, great training course which you are paid whilst attending, benefits of cycle to work scheme, tech, employee assistance programme. Refresher training and progression if you want it

23 junio 2022
Thanks for the great feedback. It’s always nice to hear that people enjoy the role.We are always looking for people who will enjoy the challenging and unpredictable nature of the job, rather than sitting behind a desk all day. These type of people, which clearly includes you, will value making a difference and will survive and thrive in the job.

Isn’t as bad as what people claim it to be.

I’ve worked here for a wee while now, and I absolutely love it. With any workplace people will say it’s this or that…. But truthfully, I’ve not had any bother with my workplace. Also the people who have been there the longest are the ones in fact saying the negative… but to me…. Why still work there if you claim “it’s that bad”…. I know my hours, I know who I’m working with and where I’m going etc (sometimes this changes) but not very often. I’ve got great management, and also I’m treated with respect, and I’m giving help and support if I need it, which is always appreciated. You can really move up if you want too, As many hours as you wantGreat leadership and example

Pros

Great management

Contras

The pay is okay (could be better due to danger of the job)

23 junio 2022
Thanks for your great feedback. It’s so good to hear from people who clearly love the job.It’s especially good to hear some positive words about managers, who often get negative comments on sites like this. We want our managers to support all of their team members and treat them with respect at all times. It’s good to hear that your managers live up to these aspirations.

Avoid completely.

Don’t get me wrong, this job has great potential to be a fairly good career despite the dangers you sometimes face. What ruins it is certain directors coming in and trying to be a hero for the benefit of their own CV and whilst in the process putting lives at risk all over the country, I genuinely think they are making the job that horrendous that loads of people leave so they can see if they can run it with the bare minimum staffing levels. You have no finish time, you have to pick up the slack from certain bases (Bellshill/Grangemouth), your wages are always wrong by hundreds of pounds, your rota isn’t given to you until 3 days before the next working week, majority of staff are on different contracts, you never get away on time from a detain, your managers are incompetent, the OCC don’t know if it’s new year or New York with some of the runs they give you… I could be here all day to be honest but my advice is please look for a job elsewhere, this company has been run into the ground.

No work life balance

23 junio 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback.There are unique challenges to working in the justice sector, particularly around working hours, but this is something that we continue to try and address to improve work life balance.We believe we have made some strides in dealing with this but accept there is more work to do.Whilst we make it clear that working hours can be unpredictable, unfortunately, it is often our managers who have to bear the brunt of complaints. Where possible, we try to accommodate flexible working requests and offer time off in lieu as well as overtime.You will be aware this is a fast-moving sector where the transportation of persons in custody cannot always be foreseen, this combined with various factors can often mean routing can be complex. Rosters should be provided well in advance and so we urge you to speak to your local management team or HR representative to understand why it appears something has broken down in your circumstance.Finally, we are not immune to the recruitment issues that have and are continuing to affect most employers across most sectors. However, unlike other sectors and companies though we cannot simply cancel activity. GEOAmey is proud that it largely keeps the criminal justice sector going despite the massive issues affecting employment – you’ve played your part in that and we thank you wholeheartedly.

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en GEOAmey. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

2,0 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • GEOAmey
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?