Gavin de Becker & Associates

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 129 evaluaciones

Few positions available for high achievers

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Lots of busy work, poor work/life balance. As a high achiever I was overlooked for higher positions. Constant pay adjustments, lots of sacrifice. Good training. Management was up and down depending on the location.

Pros

You get a portfolio once you leave the company

poor work/life balance

Grateful

I just think it’s cool that I get to protect people for a living. Something I’ve always wanted to do. I work on a great team and they take care of me.

6 junio 2022
Thanks for the comment. Reach out to me anytime as a resource. Ed Hinman, Senior VP

Good Starting Point

If you are fairly new to the PSD scene or security work, this is a good place to start. They teach you a good amount of skills to start your career, but progression is limited when you hit the end of the leadership track.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Glorified Security guard with perks, with the worse management from the top, all the way down to the bottom.

Hours variety from locations.Training is fun and easy (if you have military training)Meet a lot of cool people.Workload depends on location.Good pay for security guard.Opportunity to grow.Opportunity to travel. Overtime opportunities with incentives.BUT!I do not recommend apply or working for this company, it's a huge risk you will take.Don't quit your job before going to training. A position in their company isn't promised.You can pass and finish the academy of two weeks and still not get a job offer.You pay for your owe trip to the training site, especially if you are out of state. They do not reimburse you for traveling expenses.The company does not care about you.They will lie to you with a smile on their face.You are nothing but a number to them and they will just replace you. Overall great company on paper or online, but it's all false advertisement.

6 junio 2022
Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable to us as we strive for Constant And Never-ending Improvement (CANI). And please feel free to connect with me and provide any specifics regarding your experiences and when you felt mislead. Here are a few specifics about GDBA:• GDBA published an industry leading career track of promotions and earnings increases: o https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/• GDBA Associates work 40-hour workweeks with opportunities for overtime• GDBA retained 90% of is Associates in 2021 and has retained 92% of is Associates so far in 2022. • 71% (346 of Associates) at GDBA are Military Veterans and/or former Law Enforcement Mr. de Becker, GDBA’s Founder, is a 3-time Presidential Appointee and widely regarded as the Nation’s leading expert on protection of Public Figures. We welcome the opportunity to share more about our unique company. If your considering applying to GDBA, we encourage you to do your own research. - Ed HinmanSenor Vice President - Associate Services, GDBA

Feels Real

Since joining GDBA I’ve enjoyed the company. It’s cool to be in this warrior culture. I feel like I belong here. I can see myself working here for a long time.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Terrible company

They make you go to an unpaid academy and make it seem like they will hire you and cut you off. its all for tax purposes don't believe what they tell you.

6 junio 2022
Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable to us as we strive for Constant And Never-ending Improvement (CANI). Would love for you to contact me as I'm happy to answer any of your questions, whether you're an associate at GDBA or not. Here are a few facts about GDBA:• GDBA published an industry leading career track of promotions and earnings increases: o https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/• GDBA Associates work 40-hour workweeks with opportunities for overtime• GDBA retained 90% of is Associates in 2021 and has retained 92% of is Associates so far in 2022. • 71% (346 of Associates) at GDBA are Military Veterans and/or former Law Enforcement We welcome the opportunity to share more about our unique company. If your considering applying to GDBA, we encourage you to do your own research. -Ed HinmanSenior Vice President -- Associate Services, GDBA

Good to have on resume but do not get sucked into staying longer than you need to.

The company has degraded over time. Very deceptive now unfortunately & it's not looking like it'll get any better. Upper management needs to be fixed first & foremost. Without that happening it'll never get better.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great team to be a part of.

Overall, I had a very good experience at GDBA and would definitely recommend employment with them. Greater opportunities for advancement could be better.

Pros

Work culture

Contras

Work/life balance at times.

6 junio 2022
Thanks for the kind review as we're always striving for Constant And Never-ending Improvement (CANI).

Great for military vets

I’m in a new career now, but the last five years at GDBA were sort of nuts. I starred in San Francisco, then worked in LA, and eventually on the east coast. I chased the golden ring for awhile, I protected different types of clients and met a lot of cool people along the way. If you’re a veteran and you want to sort of rejoin a tribe of warrior, then GDBA might be the right place for you. Ultimately I left because the Protector life isn’t easy and I wanted a Monday thru Friday schedule to spend more time with my family and relocate to Ohio where my wife and I’m from.

Protector

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but this company is right for me. I truly feel if I work hard and perform, I will gain promotion and be successful.

Pros

Performance is rewarded

Working weekends and holidays

Pretty new

Training was absolutely incredible… I enjoyed every bit of it… from the instructors to the classes to the other guys I was with - I’m super stoked. Pay is good, several leaders have already reached out to see how I’m doing, even a VP. That’s super cool.

Pros

Leadership/mentorship, $$, love my hours so far

Contras

Wish I would’ve had some of the training travel paid for, I was out of pocket some
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You know the typical lazy security guard? Not gonna find one here.

Very motivated working here. I’ve worked with some bums who don’t want to do the job and you won’t find those lazy guys working here. This company is full of people who actually enjoy their jobs and love coming to work. People who love executive protection.

Pros

Pay - I got more than I was going to get at other places I was looking, lots of OT opportunities, solid leadership

Contras

The hours can be tough and sucks not having off some holidays

Needs some work

3 Stars provided for the work of the Care, IS/IT and Training teams, the knowledge and passion for what they do stood out over the past 4 years. Additionally for those in Leadership roles who truly looked after their protectors; trained, mentored and coached them to success without using their learning mistakes as stepping stones for self advancement. I don't understand how this company could ever be rated at 4-5 stars, however I pass no judgement to those who found the principles and operations to be other than standard. From West coast assignments to East coast, travel, residential and commercial, as Protector 1 through Team Leader, I have observed plenty of great leadership and toxic as well. For any new protectors I stand by my statement of “Give them 2 years, learn what you can, travel when you can, volunteer and soak up the knowledge provided, but remember these are your coworkers and not your friends” Personally I do not recommend this company, but I hope those Protectors grinding 12 hour shifts in a closet CC, young Team Leaders looking to make a change and Travel Team individuals running on fumes to complete the mission, find the success they are looking for.

Pros

Knowledgeable coworkers, travel for some, protection insight.

Low pay, senior management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to start your career

great company to work for. Leadership makes sure you have all the tools and resources. Its a great place to start your career if you are just starting out in the security field.

Pros

leadership

pay

10 noviembre 2021
Thanks for all you wrote as we strive for Constant And Never-ending Improvement.Here are a few facts about GDBA:• GDBA published an industry leading career track of promotions and earnings increases: o https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/• GDBA Associates work 40-hour workweeks with opportunities for overtimeWe welcome the opportunity to share more about our unique company. If your considering applying to GDBA, we encourage you to do your own research. -Ed Hinman, Director of Protector Culture and CARE

Glorified security guard.

hyped up to being something much more difficult than it actually is. You will basically be doing security at someone’s house or office. Your biggest battle will be boredom.

Pros

Easy pay check, and respected training within the industry

Contras

Low pay, constant schedule changes.

10 noviembre 2021
Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable to us as we strive for Constant And Never-ending Improvement (CANI). Here are a few facts about GDBA:• GDBA published an industry leading career track of promotions and earnings increases: o https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/• GDBA Associates work 40-hour workweeks with opportunities for overtime• GDBA retained 85% of is Associates in 2020 and has retained 91% of is Associates so far in 2021• 72% (363 Associates) at GDBA are Military Veterans and/or former Law Enforcement Mr. de Becker, GDBA’s Founder, is a 3-time Presidential Appointee and widely regarded as the Nation’s leading expert on protection of Public Figures. We welcome the opportunity to share more about our unique company. If your considering applying to GDBA, we encourage you to do your own research. -Ed Hinman, Director of Protector Culture and CARE

Cool job

I’m happy with my job so far. The work itself keeps me motivated and I feel like I’m constantly learning something new. The training was tough but I made it through and hope to have a career in protection.

Pros

Training, you really get pushed and tested

Schedule can be tough

Satisfaction

My family is the most important part of my life. Having a career that provides a balance so I can be a part of their day to day lives is critical to me. The overwhelming amount of gratitude I have in being able to share some quality time with my wife and kids is beyond measure. I have an easy time telling people I enjoy my job and my company takes good care of it's people. That's why they stay around. Those comments are based on my day to day work life. When things like Disney+, Amazon gift cards, onesies for babies come into the conversation, it's hard not to get a little emotional because these are not normal things (I also cry every time I see Gladiator and Braveheart so I might not be good reference). Most companies don't take the time to do them. It's the intentional acts that are taken by Care with approval from all of you that make GDBA one of the best companies I've ever been a part of. My wife has heard me tell her about people leaving GDBA for various reasons and she makes it clear I'm not allowed to go because of how grateful she is from everything you all provide.

Pros

CARE team, open door policy, advancement opportunities

Contras

I personally have a long commute, however this is a choice I make, it has nothing to do with company

Top notch

Man I love working here! Love my leadership, love the culture, and look forward to coming to work every day. I work for a great family right now who really respects us - they often reach out and thank us for keeping them safe. That’s pretty cool

Pros

Pay is great, benefits are decent, and you work with some of the most motivated people in security

Gotta work your way up

Gave me a lot!

My job at GDBA gave me a lot. The training was phenomenal, best out there, and after working there a few years, my employer wanted me full time. They were cool with that and I am forever grateful. I stay in contact with a lot of the guys there and they’re all good guys (and gals).

Pros

Training - work there a few years and you can work anywhere, pay was great, lots of OT

Contras

Long days, travel can be a lot for certain jobs

EP Isn't for Everyone

Brutally Honest Review from somebody who has been in a little over 2 years... I will be speaking about the good and the bad.A quick background: I was in the Marine corps Infantry for 4 years so i'm used to long hours and basically always working/being tired.Pro Review: GDBA is by far the best EP company out there for people looking to get their feet wet in the industry. Most industries wont even take you if you don't have any experience. GDBA prioritizes training from Day 1 and will never put anybody in their team if they dont think its the right fit. From day 1, the leadership, management, and co workers have been an honor to work with. You'll always have those couple guys who try and make the workplace toxic, but overall a great group of dudes. Most of the company is former military, and they do a good job of cutting out the excess BS. They treat you like a man/woman and you'll get rewarded for the work that you put it. The opportunities, stuff you get to see, people you get to meet make it well worth it to take a shot in a great company like this. You'll get to do things that most people wouldn't dream of doing. There are some experiences I will never forget.Con review: Although GDBA is great in many ways, just like in every other company it has its cons. Lets start off with the pay. The pay isn't terrible, but is not nearly as competitive with other agencies. You have multiple raises through your two years. GDBA sacrifices pay for training. Training does pay off in the long run. Another con, is work/life balance. The work life balance is pretty bad. As a new agent -

Pros

Experience, Training, Leadership

Pay, Work/Life balance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The worst place to work after getting out of military

If you just got out of the military. This is not the place for you. Be prepared to start all over again. Get over worked, under paid , micro managed. All the reasons why you got out. Management sucks and does not care about the staff.

Contras

Everything is wrong this company

10 noviembre 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Here are a few facts about GDBA:• GDBA published an industry leading career track of promotions and earnings increases: o https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/• GDBA Associates work 40-hour workweeks with opportunities for overtime• GDBA retained 85% of is Associates in 2020 and has retained 91% of is Associates so far in 2021• 72% (363 Associates) at GDBA are Military Veterans and/or former Law Enforcement We welcome the opportunity to share more about our unique company. If your considering applying to GDBA, we encourage you to do your own research. -Ed Hinman, Director of Protector Culture and CARE

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Gavin de Becker & Associates. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,4 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Gavin de Becker & Associates
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?