FIRST COAST SECURITY

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 266 evaluaciones

Pay

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
The pay isn't terrible, however the cost of living in the area is extremely high so good luck finding a place close that's affordable. If you're a good officer they'll drag their feet to promote you. Their schedules are terrible since the virus. No phones allowed. Also insurance is terrible!

Pros

no stress as an officer, alot of down time, nice coworkers

Contras

pay, little to no promotion
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

One of the better companies to work for

I have worked for many security companies now. All of them operate roughly the same way and none of them are great. When you have worked for a very bad company, you appreciate the not bad ones much more. First Coast is a not bad company to work for. I guess it really does depend on what contract you are on but the ones I have worked on in Virginia and Maryland are ran pretty well. Decent training, pay is correct and on time. management is mediocre but they don't stress you out so that is a big plus. They have many contracts in my area so you can move around if you don't like one or just want to get extra money. Like I said before, all security companies are bad but this one is less bad and you can make a living with them.

Fun

Good place to work I enjoyed everyone ! It’s such a positive place and everyone is really nice. The supervisor are nice too and it’s an easy job with a good pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Beware of what you step into.

This job is not too bad, but what makes it bad is that some supervisors really love to take advantage of you, and the scheduling is not the greatest.

Pros

Easy Job, Paid Lunch

Contras

Poor Management, Poor scheduling, Sometimes a toxic work environment, Some Supervisors take advantage.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The client is great. Other officers are great,low pay, fast paced environment, mandated 4 hr overtime almost daily before relieved from posts.

Terrible place to work. Paycheck messed up weekly. Very few holidays paid even if federal holiday. Took forever to get complete uniforms. Turnaround is unbelievable. Mandated overtime is 4 hours on each shift unless lucky to find someone to relieve your post.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Supervision was very good.

Great place to work! Supervisors were very good and really tried to accommodate any personal time needed. First Coast Security pays its security guards weekly.

Pros

Good weekly pay

Contras

May not get as many hours as you want.

A job

Not the worst security company but not the best. They lost the contract and I was offered a job much farther away. I want part time two to three days mid week. No weekends.

Laid off

Laid off with minimal notice due to loss of contract. Company account manager did nothing to attempt to keep the contract. No offer to transfer to a different location or contract. Company does not care about its people.

Supervisor

It is a little challenging to get promoted but over all is very flexible job. You can choice your schedule how ever you want it. Okay thanks for letting me know I have a lot of work to do for today.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Little to no management support

Not professionally focused in armed security. Not customer focused. Good job for somebody comfortable with a bouncer mentality. Professional security officers will be frustrated, and leadership won't understand as they are a product of the same unprofessional system that frustrated you to start with.

Don’t do it

They don’t care about you. They never will. They underpay you. Ask you to go beyond and above the cal of duty just to pay you nothing extra. They want you to break your back for the company when they won’t lift afinger.

Horrible management

Management is horrible they don’t tell you anything. They move you around lie to you and demote you for no reason. They don’t answer your calls or text.

Everything about that company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Do not work here if you have options

No matter the account it is unorganized, a lack of training, they just throw you into positions a lot of times because the turnover rate is so high. Schedules are not consistent and standards are never upheld by management because they are usually not meeting them themselves.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

the interview is a joke, you will hired if you have a pulse. You will not advance past shift supervisor unless you are ex military.

Bad payRaises are every 2 yearsBenefits are terribleUpper management is so busy playing CYA with the client they will throw you to the wolves at every opportunityHalf of new officers do not get full uniform at start

Pros

Easy work lots of OT because everyone calls off

Contras

morale is bad management is not invested in you at all officers are underequipped

Great place

First coast security is hands down the best security company I've ever worked for they actually care about their employees, I know alot of places say they care but belive me they don't. While working there and I don't believe I had even been there a full month yet my car broke down and I live a good ways away from my post out in the boondocks, they sent a patrol officer to my home everyday to bring me in and had one dispatched when I get off to take me home they did this for about a month maybe a little longer while I saved to purchase a new car. I'm telling there isn't any other that would of done it. I wish I would of never left one of my biggest mistakes ever

Pros

They care plenty of overtime lots of money to be made

Contras

You can get addicted to that over time money and over work yourself but that's on you not them
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Bad management. Poor management.

No benefits or advancement. Bad management. Need to have some security experience before you go to work with them because they will put you on a post and don't tell you anything.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Paid weekly, even if they mess up on your check all the time.

This company has 0% communication. The management team will tell you they will call you back and never return a call. The management is non existent. You will be the last to find out ANYTHING going on, especially when they lose a contract and fire you with less than 2 week notice. They will not offer you another post they will just let you go. Just like the 200 staff they did this to.

Pros

No useless management breathing down your neck.

Contras

No communication, lies, misrepresentation of company support. Cannot live up to their own standards but expect employees to.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Shallow promises, no room for advancement, pay is low, bring your own licenses, no issued safety gear, no training

Several promises were made about pay and job title, that were consistently broken. Job security is non existent, they laid off a nominal amount of officers with less than two weeks notice. Waited a year to be issued a vest, only to find out the company was too concerned with costs, than Officer safety. Benefits were opened a week before officers were laid off.

Contras

12hr shifts, no overtime, withheld pay, passed down equipment and uniforms.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

contract canceled costing numerous officers thier jobs 1 week before christmas.

contract canceled costing numerous officers thier jobs 1 week before christmas. FCS was aware weeks prior and declined to tell thier officers until last few days leading up to dismissal.unsupportive company only looking for bodies to man posts.

short staffed, 1-2 days off per month

Not a good company.

I worked for FCS for 49 months. If you're looking for a career, keep looking. If you're looking to hire a security company, there's much much better. Honestly, I've never worked for a company where I've had such bad experiences on a daily basis.

Pros

There were some, a few years ago.

Management.

Garbage job, garbage people

The managers treat you like a moron and the employees are lazy and cruel. The work is not at all fulfilling and you have no real sense of purpose. Some employees are decent but most aren't.

Pros

The pay is okay.

Everything else
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en FIRST COAST SECURITY. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general