Fifth Third Bank

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 2.570 evaluaciones

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Work life balance is great, management is usually great depending on the branch, and the company definitely wants you to move up. Wonderful place to work with good benefits and PTO, along with if you want to move up in the banking industry.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good stepping stone to get better job in the financial institution

I worked at 5/3 for approximately four years with two being call center and two as a personal banker. The management was poor. They showed lots of favoritism to certain individuals but was cruel and mean to me because I am a leader and didnt fit into their mean girl club. Lots if gossiping, sass. The pay was okay, no overtime allowed. I loved the customers though.

Pros

Hour lunch, quarterly bonuses

Contras

No overtime, micromanage, bullying tactics
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Culture based on connections and who you know

No strategy whatsoever. Every day brings new rules and you need to be connected to keep your job.Management encourages division amongst the lower ranks.

Promotion opps

Excellent pay and benefits. Great promotion opps. Great pay. Excellent talent Acquistion. Stop asking e to keep adding to this fucjing subject. That’s all I got to say about sat t
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

not a bad place to work. also no anything special.

I worked in the customer support department on phones everyday. That type of job stinks no matter where you work. Overall the call center was exactly what you'd expect. If you don't want to be challenged and just lead a basic life with a basic job then this is for you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Endless calls

There is no break from the calls. Back to back to back, the same conversation with people and being yelled at for nothing in your control. The coworkers around me were great and super helpful.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Work life balance could be better

Decent pay, incentive program isn't as good as other competitors and insurance can be pricey. PTO and maternity leave also are not as good. Lots of turnover and under staffing

Great company

Fifth third is a great bank to grow. They are good at putting you on a career path to get to where you want to be. Fair pay and great management. Love it!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company and benefits.

Used to be a great place to work, promotion opportunities if you work hard. Culture change to reward based on your connections. Job very stressful. Lots of focus on the bottom line at the expense of employee well-being.

Pros

Benefits, most managers flexible.

Contras

Very stressful, too much focus on bottom line and less about people

Micromanaging

The job is a call center job so it is just that. You are handling calls and taking payments and trying to help customers understand why they are late or how you can help them get current on their bill. Supervisors need some improving with communication skills. Benefits are okay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Was fun until started pushing sales

Was fun until it became about sales and not the customer. Customers don’t like to be hounded about credit cards, new loans, lines of credit, etc., everytime they come in the door.

Overall decent

Fifth third cares about their employees. They have great benefits and time off. Room for growth is there. The only downside is raises aren’t competitive and pay isn’t there for current employees. You would have to quit and come back to get a good salary.

Good benefits

Don't recommend for MLO position as processing was very sub-par but OK overall. Pay was decent and immediate managers were excellent but upper management wasn't willing to hire more people to handle the volume.

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay

Poor processing dept
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management is unhelpful and unfair

Was a part time position but worked full time hours, hard to use vacation time due to working extra hours. Manager just cared about being social and would have hour long "meetings" with other employees and only leave one person doing all the transactions.

Easy job, good networking

Easy job. Depending on location your goal can be easy or impossible to meet. Great place to network with local business owners, trades, and investors that walk in the door.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I enjoyed working at Fifth Third but no potential to grow

I would have liked to retire from this company, however I would have been working in the same position for the rest of my career………….The work culture was good and there was work life balance if you wanted it

Recommend

The benefits are good; pay is great for new employees but could be better for veteran employees as the differential at each minimum wage increase is not commensurate; understaffed creating undue stress and time management challenges (it is imperative to be a strong multi-tasker); long wait times on phone or chat for customer support needs which means unproductive time that hinder completing daily tasks and growing your client base. Managers can greatly affect everything from proper training; daily success and the culture of the individual Financial Center. Not all managers buy in to training as valuable- onboarding and career growth training. While it is expected to happen and there are built in reports that prove when it is not: Managers do not all invest in regularly coaching their team nor resolving challenges within the team. The expectation for inclusion and strength in teams is “if you see something that’s wrong then you own it and say something.” I believe the intention is good but, in practice, it falls flat as some managers avoid facing challenges or improvement depending on the manager so if you are hired in take that expectation with a grain of salt even though it is reiterated often as a pillar. Some locations have team cohesion with strong leadership while others will experience ongoing dysfunction that goes unbridled as long as benchmarks are exceeded. A team can be performing well because it is a team of hard workers but there can be dissatisfaction and complaining when the manager is not nearby. Overall it is a great place to work if you are seeking stable -

personal banker

I believe this role is ok. They really need to work on their people skills towards their own employees and stop treating this like a car dealership. Its not about how many credit card or checking you open but ultimately customer service.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good environment for promotion

I was hired for Management and never went to training. I was made a banker in a failing branch where I acted as branch manager while the actual manager sat in his office all day. I raised our sustainability by 48% in 6 months and still was not given my training. I finally left for greater opportunities. Management did not care that I was a single parent, and I was given poor restrictive hours in a branch open all weekend and evenings.

Pros

Affordable benefits, good life insurance options

Contras

Low pay, poor management, poor hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A lot of corporate company changes

I liked my job at Fifth Third. Being a teller was something I enjoyed for the most part. However, as a float I did not feel supported by regional managers and many of the branch managers. There were constant changes in policies and realignments in the market that directly influenced my day to day operations as a float.

Pros

Pay

Bank Mart Hours, Changes in scheduling and locations supported

fun working

I was happy to open that branch with a nice group of employees. We had to start from scrathc since the bank was not known in the town. Referral was a good options.

short break
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Fifth Third Bank. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general