Dollar Tree

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 22.282 evaluaciones

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
En lo personal a mi me gusta trabajar ahí y espero poder volver a mi trabajo

Pros

Seguro médico

Si hay descanso

Work you like a horse

Was a pretty decent place until they cut bonuses, made you work longer hours for the same salary pay and cut employee hourly payroll do you can't get good help.

Contras

Short breaks, few hours for hourly workers

First job

This was my first job, so it was a lot to understand and learn from but overall for a hang of it. The people I worked with were amazing, the company was meh, they have their moments but do kind of try to look out for us.

Not a terrible job

It’s an extremely easy job just extremely low pay especially now. If the company would pay more than minimum wage , just a little more like I said it is a fairly easy job.

Pros

Extremely easy and generaly peaceful .

Extremely low pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Being productive was fun; being short handed was not

Working at the dollar tree was fun but if I could have went back to stocking and took the pay cut I would. The store was severely understaffed, we had new management, I was a new ASM, between ringing, stocking, deposits, keeping up with OAHA standards, trash, cleaning, walking the store to prevent shrink, with basically no help became really rough.

Pros

Decent lunch & break times; helping customers

Contras

Short handed, over extending the other stockers & assistant manager
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Management is terrible

The management was terrible.I feel like I was the only one that cared about keeping the store organized. Managers were taking their smoke breaks in front of the store (totally unprofessional to be smoking where customers are coming in)
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun workplace if you're a people person.

A very fast paced work environment. Dollar Tree does promote within before going to the outside. You really have to like working with people and the fast pace to enjoy going to work here and I did. I absolutely loved loved my job.

Pros

Promotes within

Very fast paced.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good hard working with heavy lifting.

A typical day at Dollar Tree for a stocker would be multiple carts with 8 medium boxes minimum. I learned the basics skills for unloading a truck of merchandise. The hardest part of the job would be unloading the truck every week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service.

Pros

Free meals or sugar goods every week

Short Breaks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Associates are not paid enough to maintain a sound base of quality workers.

Corporate needs to create that, if they paid a true living wage more workers would stay and move up the ranks to higher postions. Since basic positions have such a low wage, workers gave no goals to obtain. They know they will not get a raise, no matter what, so that completely ruins moral. There doesn't seem to be a ladder to climb for success. Doesn't Corporate see that? Are they blind???
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Horrible company to work for.

This company is HORRIBLE to work for. They do not appreciate their hard workers and management is HORRIBLE as well . I do not recommend no one to this job.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Find someplace else to work

They want you to work as fast as they say you should, not how fast you can.Management makes promises they have no intention of keeping. I made 2k less 30 YRS. AGO in a similar position in restaurants. Terrible company, find someplace else to work.

Pros

The employees who worked with me.

Contras

Everything else not included in Pros

Horrible management, unclean, unsanitary

The job isn't difficult. There are some good people who work there, but the store manager is not one of them. Worst person I ever worked for. And don't try to move up in the company.

Just a job

It's just a job, you get in stock shelves and thats it. Not bad just nothing special. Chronically understaffed however which makes it annoying to have to ring up an entire line of people by yourself.

Easy work

The managers I had personally were always great. I didn’t appreciate the pay being so low but it was a job none the less and I could pull in overtime with understaffed hours. I just wish they had seats for the cashiers, so a big fluffy sole of shoe would be recommended for always being on your feet.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun place to work awesome caring people

Dollar Tree is a very fun company to work for I love the flexibility that I had as an assistant manager there I love how my manager was always there to help me and when I got promoted to store manager I was able to be to be a strong leader because of the leadership I had.

Mix workplace

Management would disagree on how the store should be done and one manager would bully the other cashiers or stockers. Barely any hours to attain you'll usually get maybe 20 hours and only get more if you're lucky to pick-up a different shift

Nothing special

Working at dollar tree taught me several things but the hours they give are very little and Paychecks weren’t what I would expect so I had to put in my 2 weeks notice.

Not enough hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place but terrible pay

It is a good place to work but the bad is the pay the management is ok the employees are also ok but the pay is still minimum wage and that can’t help you survive in tn

It's pretty decent.

It's a fairly stressful job for me with very little pay and so few hours that there's no way I can live off of it. But, if this is a second job or you are a teen living with your parents, this is not a bad start. But, if you need money or are living alone, this is better as a second job more than anything.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's not a place people stay to work for long periods of time.

They expect West more than they should given the amount they pay they employees management included. Not enough cashier's so it makes the lines very long no one wants to wait in a long line.

Pros

Full time benefits aren't bad.

Contras

They need to pay the employees more money I think they're at the bottom of the pay scale

No motivation for Advancement

No employee perks, bad management, poor scheduling, low pay. I worked there for a year no advancement opportunities were offered to me even though I repeatedly asked, no raises were given even though I repeatedly asked, was constantly scheduled for days I had not put under my availability. There is also lots of store drama and gossip that gets in the way of work and is very distracting. All in all it was a bit a bad job just very poor management all the way to the district level. I was also fired as soon as my store manager returned from vacation so the other managers chose to keep it quiet to prevent me from ditching them even though I would never do that and just drop it on me leaving me jobless :)
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Dollar Tree. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,1 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Dollar Tree
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?