Chipotle Mexican Grill

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 15.612 evaluaciones

Ambiente monotono

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
bastante aburrido en general, el espíritu de trabajo era bastante bueno pero no promovían a mejorar

Not a fun time

Opening Managers wouldn't show up to work some mornings so the rest of us had to wait there, sometimes for a few hours since we weren't sure what to do and no one would pick up the phone. On a day where I did go home because no one showed up, I ended up being called to come in later that day because they were short staffed. I was often in charge of closing dish at the end of the night and was given only thirty minutes to finish cleaning everything in the back of the house by myself. Every single night I struggled to finish everything and instead of the closing manager helping me, they would sit in the office and complain that they wanted me to be done sooner. At the time, I figured there must me something wrong with me, but I've worked another job in the food industry with MUCH less duties to perform before we closed, and we were given an hour and a half to finish closing - AND our managers/supervisors would help us if we were struggling. I'm sure every branch is different, but it seemed like everyone hated working there and no one wanted to be nice to anyone.

Pros

free lunch

Contras

too little time to close
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Decent if you like to work hard

Difficult, fast paced but learned a lot about restaurants and safety. The days arent bad if you have a good manager and crew but otherwise you will probably work on your own most of the time.

bad management

Managers do not care about your mental health and do not care and want you to come into work they do not care if your sick they will make you come into work and wear a mask

Pros

free lunch

10 minute break

alright first job

Very cool to learn about a kitchen, but some of the managers have power trips and make you do all of the work that should be split with other employees.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Its a good place

There is a good culture at the company, the hours are flexible and if you give management a reasonable time to call out they will handle it well. Overall very good.

I liked it

It was a pretty good workplace, it can be a lot at first when your learning how to do things but overtime you get the hang of it, you’ll still be stressed sometimes but just less stressed than when you first started. The best part of it was my co workers, they were fun and cool. Some of the managers were really cool too. Pretty good for a first job! You get gain a lot of customer service skills and meet a lot of Great people .
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Awesome to work, but hours and management needed some work

I honestly loved working at chipotle. Personally the staff was amazing and so was management, I can personally vouch for them. But this job is more for Highschool Students or college students. On rainy days we would be sent home on multiple occasions and that was a suprise. There were times when I would be scheduled for a certain time period but ended up staying longer than expected example 2 hours. I remember looking back and no one was on the grill or line so I would be by myself when I should have been off the clock. I never had a break.With time I noticed they would sit in the office and when it looked crazy in the cameras then they would come and help. Sometimes. Like I said personally they are great people but when it came to order I didn’t think it was right for some employees to leave one person infront while management was in office or someone was smoking outback. They were a team a great fun team but those moments added up. Once I came on a Saturday morning and 2 of the staff were there freaking out because none of the managers were picking up the phone because people were calling in left and right so I helped out of course . Managers didn’t come til maybe 2-3 hours later and the main one didn’t come until the store was already opened and help wasn’t needed. Hate to have put this but I never had the nerve to let them know when I left.

Pros

Free lunches great staff

Contras

No breaks, no guaranteed times of when to get off, management needs a lot of work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not willing to teach you

Decent work environment and benefits, would rather fire you than attempt to teach you how things work. Worked here for a month or so and was never taught how to work the line because I wasn’t the “chipotle image” and was fired because I couldn’t complete 50+ online orders an hour by my self.

Pros

Free lunch

Rude management

Fun fast paced

Working here is a fun learning experience. Really keeps you on your toes. Makes time go fast. Other employees are great. Other than a constantly changing schedule good entry level job.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great for highschool or college students with great benefits

A decent amount of hard work but not terrible. The benefits are amazing even for par time workers. The free employee meal and college reimbursement are the main reason I work at Chipotle, but I also like the people I work with.

Pros

free food

Its always something here

Belittling management and their gossip that goes on, lack of a schedule to look at after asking for one, not treated like a human being, suprise schedule changes, lack of training, and of out of every other chipotle their online tips option didn't work so don't expect those lol, should I go on or do you get the point? Its a nightmare feverdream.

Pros

Free food

Category 5 feverdream workplace

Soul crushing

The management did their best for the most part, but we were short staffed and when online orders started becoming more frequent, we couldn’t keep up. Sometimes we would get up to an hour behind and had customers yelling at us at the same time. It’s a hard Job as it involves way more prep and cooking than most fast food so you never feel like you have enough people or food to get things done

Great fun place to work

The people there make it so much better. My fellow employees, the customers. Free lunches, easy clean up at the end of the night. Thursday’s and Fridays weren’t always bad either. Everyone is worried about everyone. This place felt more like home when I worked here. It is a fast paced job. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who isn’t ready to be moving fast.

Pros

Free lunches, free drinks, 50% employee discounts, loving people, flexible hours, work/ life balance

Short breaks

Busy but fun

Pros: Great first time job, great benefits like tuition reimbursement, free food, and PTO. Plus always an opportunity to move up in the job Cons: can be a little overwhelming on some days

Don’t

Lots of favoritism with management. Snappy and Poor management. A lot of superiority and rude & unneeded comments made by management if you mess up or asking for assistance during busy times but because they create this fake “safe space” you think it’s all laughs when it is not. Will overwork you if understaffed plus no work/life balance. Met fun coworkers plus free meal every shift

Flexible schedule, good environment

Great managers, helpful crew members. I started working as chips early in the mornings and am now shifting to becoming a cashier for closing shifts. Very fast paced but the work is doable. Managers are also super flexible with peoples schedule especially for those who are still studying at school or college
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits & training plus they help with tuition What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Lots of employees lil space and lil amount of hoursWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Inviting & warm it's a way of lifeWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Fast and dedication

Horrible, sweaty, stressful

Managers treat employees horribly. It’s hard to blame the GM’s for treating employees poorly when corporate puts so much pressure on them. GM turnover is so high, I had 4-5 different GM’s running my store within a six-month period. The majority of them had mental breakdowns and walked out on their shift. I had a very select few GM’s who were actually kind and effective

In restaurant management worst

Managers talk down on employees that are not in their clique.They are rude and have no people skillsThey have no trainingThey expect you to know all that needs to be done before you ever do it.Favoritism is a positive for all managers at this location.

Pros

Free lunch

Contras

The managers work with you if you kiss up
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Low pay for a lot of work

Under appreciated and underpaid, terrible management and a lot of work for nothing in return. The crew is what makes it or breaks it, if you have a good set of employees, it’s actually fun.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Chipotle Mexican Grill. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general