Big Lots

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 7.727 evaluaciones

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Mánager muy respetuosos , dan buen entrenamiento, buen ambiente de trabajo. Lo único es que solo dan entre 13 y 17 horas, y el salario es un poco bajo.

Something new every day!

If you want to learn and grow, this is the company to work for! Always changing, fast paced and a great crew to work with! As in any retail environment, you will have "Karens" but there are also some very warm, caring and appreciative customers! A few have even brought me lunch!

fun place to work at

Fun place to work at, great management, i work in furniture and i like it, everyone puts in a shift and work their hardest, moving and carrying boxes around can be a struggle sometimes but apart from that its's a great place to work at.

Pros

fun place to work at

You're always busy

Job security, loved the people I worked with. Management lacked a little as far as support from the GM. Worked great when there was enough capable people on staff. It was low on the payscale in relation to the physical workload. Long operating hours made it difficult to plan a home-life balance

Good workplace

The management team provided good training. They also helped out when employees needed it. They also helped out students with their schedules during the week.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Usually boring with very low pay

The people I worked with were nice, however, "supply chain challenges" led to being overstocked with some things and understocked with most. Big Lots is a store where a significant portion of products have to manually be price tagged and there's no set space for anything, leading to times where you can't put new products on the shelves due to there already being too much there. Add to that low pay and its not somewhere very desirable to work.

Pros

Good management and coworkers

Low pay

Staff issues

People often call off leaving you covering them. Workers are lazy and don't put things where they need to go. Management is lazy and overworks people under them. Management only cares about their tasks getting done, not the stores. Punctuality is an issue, you can show up 2 hours late and still have a job. Loss prevention doesn't exist at this store, the Store General Manager doesn't do anything to stop shoplifting. Hours are scarce unless you work someones shift who doesn't show up. Hours are never constant and neither is the schedule. Would not recommend this job for anyone.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

easy work, usually lazy management and bad coworkers.

easy work, usually lazy management and bad coworkers. typically have to fix mistakes by other workers who constantly make work harder for the rest of us.

You will be lucky to get more than 10 hours a week

You can be scheduled to work 4 &1/2 to 5&1/2 hours A-day And can be scheduled 1 to 3 days per week And those days will be 3 different shifts. That adds up to 4 and a 1/2 hours to 10 hours a week. In the summer time magically the air conditioner quits working for 12 weeks. Part time workers have to compete with full time workers to get reward reward cards.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun team members, tough management

The coworkers I had were wonderful. We all got along, had each others backs, and made every shift relatively enjoyable. Management on the other hand was rough. You had about two awesome managers, but the rest always had some hoop for you to jump through. Worse, they would expect you to sign up X amount of people with a big lots card. This is a small town, everyone had and had used their big lots card. Those who don’t didn’t want it in the first place (I had to deal with a lot of complaints how the rewards didn’t work and later was told how the phone number I gave to customer service was a waste of time). Overall, not shabby just a lot of unrealistic standards and low support from management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Boys Club, no room for female growth!

Big lots is not what you expect it to be. Your hard work will forever be unnoticed, and the promotion you were promised will never be given. You are expected to work in a hostile environment, forced to make the metrics by pushing reward signups on customers to save the company money in marketing, and expected to complete the responsibilities of every role in the store.

Pros

20% discount on merch, 30% on furniture, daily pay, weekly pay

Contras

Hostile environment, lack of appreciation, false and misleading information, lack of structure
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good place to work.

Hardest parts: Dirty; Indoor Temp 95+, Share restroom with public bathers. Most enjoyable part of the job: going home. Best part: your last day of employment.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work if there's a good staff.

Must be willing to work difficult hours each day. Must be willing to do whatever is takes to get the job done. If you have a good management team that works with you the jobs not hard.

Worst Retailer

This company has no direction. Tasks are constantly changed without notice and they expect you to keep up. The pay is horrible and employees do not get any type of benefits. They give some employees only 4 hours a week.

Don’t ever work there

Worst job ever!!!!! Worked there for a year when I started all managers quit I was the only one there besides one who they paid more to stay. So next they ended up firing me cause I gave my discount to my daughter and my sister!!! Who would want to work at a place that doesn’t value family!!!

Good first job

Good first job. But for people who are looking for a career try somewhere else. This place isn't worth it.

not worth it

nope don't waste time they literally over work us. not good pay either and cut hours and understaffed. nope look for something better with employee who value you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Big lots company is not a good working Environment.

Big lots management is trash.They didn’t show me around the store.They didn’t give me a shirt until they was complaining about dress code which I was already 3 weeks into the job.The MOD didn’t show me the break room and bathroom They talk to me with tone and disrespect.They let me go with out telling me until I came up to the work.Other coworkers I work with said the MOD didn’t help them out either.

Fun workplace

I love it mangers are so nice and willing to help you learn my associates are so friendly just wish i got more hours only work part-time but still happy i have a job.

Good Place to Work

I would say there wasn't enough time to get everything done but the store was short staffed and it was during the pandemic. Overall seemed like a good place to work although I did move on to something else.

Pros

Fast Paced, Good Co-Workers, Discount

Contras

Constantly getting pulled to a task that is unrelated to you/your department.

Unprofessional management

Management was known to talk behind employees backs and cause un needed tension. They were also blaming employees for uncontrollable life events that ended in them calling out, such as family/pet death, getting sick, funerals, divorce cases and car accidents. Management was fake nice and made multiple micro aggressions towards certain races being thieves. The employees there themselves are wonderful people and made the job enjoyable as long as you were productive. Management also had a form of pizza party lunch (meant for all staff when reaching a goal) for only them and one other person who they’re close with and shared it with those who didn’t receive it when they should’ve.

Pros

Good employees

Hostile management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Big Lots. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,2 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Big Lots
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?