Best Buy

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 33.565 evaluaciones

Fue buena empresa

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Buen lugar para trabajar, empresa ya no está en México

Decent Job

Not too bad, honestly people were the best. Really enjoyed working with almost everyone. Upper & District management is clueless though and store positions are becoming a slog. Expect to do the work of 2 if not 3 people depending on your market and store.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stressful pressure of best buy credit cards and total tech aupport

I was told by Verizon to sell Verizon and told by best buy to sell branded payments. Made terrible salary. If your gonna sell go somewhere where you make a commission.

Fulfilling, Fun, and Good Atmosphere

Best Buy is a great place to work. The benefits are decent and you can really make good friends. The organization is very structured. Too many organizations are unstructured.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It use to be the best place to work

Under staffed and under paid. Stay aware and see how much it takes you just get it for a week now so we will be able and hope we can make it happen to
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fun but management can be toxic

Best Buy was a fun place and good learning experience. I definitely grew as far as communication and knowledge on tech but some of the management can be toxic. I believe the pandemic has changed a lot since I’ve been there and the hiring process as well. Some things have changed for the better but some for the worse.

Pros

Fun environment, good growth and opportunities

Profits over people

Best Buy used to be such a good place to work with a great culture, robust benefits, and decent pay. That all changed a couple of years ago and has only gotten worse. The company does not listen to negative employee feedback nor does it care about any employees wellbeing. They are the first retailer to talk about how much mental health matters and then they'll work you into the ground with nothing to show for it. if you:-Don't like job security-thrive with no support from management-Like being verbally abused by customers,or,-want to be treated like dirtThen Best Buy is perfect for you!

Pros

Discount, insider tech info, generous PTO

Contras

No work/life balance, underpaid, bad company culture
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Task are simple, but management is not good

You get to meet a lot of great people. But the management is not good if you're a part-timer do not except many hours they will cut your hours sometimes a day before you're supposed to work. Honestly, everything that they teach about the policies does not mean anything the managers will make whatever decision they want. The only way to get promoted is to kiss the manager's butt. They do not care if you work hard enough.

Not too shabby

I’ve liked my job throughout my time here. New GM isn’t great. Love everyone else. Hate that the company slashed hours lately. Hardest part of the job is just keeping up

Fun work environment

I really enjoyed working for Best Buy the staff was always cool to talk to and knowledgeable about products. The downfall was the peak seasons and the credit cards. The credit card apps would be shoved down your throat if you didn’t hit “quota”… you would be talk to about your sales numbers being good enough or not, and for some that hurt their spirits. Overall though great work environment and fun job to wake up to.

A fun place to work at.

Tends to be a very easy job most of the time. It does not require any certain training before but is recommended to know the basics. Not too much training.

Pros

Flexible schedules. Easy workload.

Short breaks.

Great and Fun Environment

Amazing company with great management. With time and patience one can move up but at a certain point one might meet a wall with no further growth. Overall great place to work.

Dreadful

Garbage company to work for, my experience was the worst I’ve had, management is beyond horrible, hours are terrible and the appreciation I felt was non existent as other employees would take credit for my work and I was never recognized… don’t recommend this company, they are awful. On top pay is terrible and raises are almost non existent (I was getting paid less than trainees)…

It’s okay

They really want you shell out their “Best Buy Credit Card” no commission thankfully but paid by the hourly.Good hours, okay pay, awesome culture to work in but again…it’s retail.

Above average retail-experience

Great management, although recent changes have prioritized part-time over full-time employees. Technology and tools are generally good and easy to work with.

Pros

Employee discount, managers

holiday hours

Great First job

I learned a lot from the 5 years I worked here. The people you work with are amazing and the friendships you earn can't be replaced. Pay is low, and benefits are almost non existent. Great first job for anyone.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great management, and introductory sales job, despite dishonesty and poor pay

I had a phenomenal team, encouraging managers, and an overall great work environment. Despite all this I will say the "no commission sales" is a joke, you are treated as a commissioned salesperson, with quotas and various sales expectations, but there is little to no reward for actually meeting these other than a pat on the back, worst is, your management will swear up and down they are looking out for you, but they make a bonus based on your sales? Seems dishonest and bizarre, commission drives competition and encourages good performance, you might think that its riddance will take the pressure off the customer, but it doesn't because you still have the expectations of a commissioned sales rep.

Pros

Great discounts

poor pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Buen ambiente y desarrollo personal

Buen empleo, para comenzar te enseña mucho y capacitación constante

it's alright

not a healthy place to work, lots of unnecessary supervisors, one will tell you do this the other will tell you do that. will talk down to you. Few staff, have to run to every department to help customers. Continuous working non stop for 8 hours except for your break or lunch. Minimum pay nothing crazy. Promise you great hours and pay but will eventually cut off hours. Can't even work 40 hrs a week. Hrs down to 32.

Pros

can't think of any, pretty standard place to work as you can expect from a corporate

few staff

Its Okay

Some managers did not communicate well or at all. Pay was decent but they hardly give you any hours working seasonal. Other than that was a nice hob to work at.

Pretty good

Good company overall. Not a fan of the current environment with the economy which translates to micromanagement as a whole. Nit a bad place to learn a lot.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Best Buy. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,8 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Best Buy
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?