Amazon Physical Stores

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 204 evaluaciones

Ok but hard to move up

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Management promotes who they like & finds reasons to get rid of people they don't want.They will try to underpay you. Always push for more money or stocks.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?Friendly people, good experiences and I learned a lot at this jobWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not really stressful a lot of work but that goes with any jobWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?When learning the job I felt like everyone was very helpfulThey want you to do wellWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I worked in the kitchen, fast pace some times very busy but I enjoyed my time there
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?Safety Training, coworkers, management teams and the overall cleanliness of the entire store.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Timers for cooking, frying & pizza making all at the same time for customer satisfaction.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very nice & respectful towards many different types of cultures & also stresses the importance of employee to customer respect the same.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Training on many different types of machines, ovens, work & safety utilities, equipment. Always customer first as well as continuous safety & clean environment training.

Understanding management and friendly

Been at A-fresh since 6\22 . Started at 130th and Aurora and since they had an opening at their CD store I was transferred within a week. the personel at C D store are great and it was a great choice to transfer here.

It was okay

It has a bunch of scheduling issues especially if you want more hours. You will get shifts for closing or morning shifts. Avoid any closing shifts as it is slow.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Unrealistic expectations

Amazon needs to remove the metrics goals for all Amazon subsidiaries across the board. The amount of stress I felt working a 4-hour shift because my 15-bag grocery orders took 4 minutes too long is absurd.

Pros

10% discount on Amazon.com, PTO accumulated at the end of each shift

No in store discount
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

What is the best part of working at the company?The company has great ptoWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The commute to workWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Chilled and busyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Working hard

don’t work there at all

Definitely get UNDER paid. Doing a lot of work especially for the people wanting overnight. You pick up others work on top of your own work. The managers do the same. Walk around do nothing and then come to you and breathe over your shoulder asking if you know what you’re doing. They do not care. You get points for using PTO. If you get points and it wasn’t your fault they don’t care. You have to constantly called HR because the managers themselves don’t fix it. It’s not worth the stress.

Prodcutive and fun

Its very fun working at amazon fresh. You can either work as a flex which is basically part time except you decide whej you want to work. Everyone is incredibly nice

Great experience, poor General Manager

If you want an exciting career with lots of opportunities this is for you. You will work long hours and hope you get a good Store Manager cause I for sure did not.

Benefits are AMAZING

Pay isn't great. My position requires a lot of physical labor.The culture is horrible!! Feels like I'm in middle school with all the gossip & only the cool kids are guided for promotion even though they are the laziest. That makes the good employees cynical & they quit. Amazon doesn't care. They have a huge turnover rate. They hire ANYONE & don't seem to discipline anyone except for attendance.I've had several managers. All have been nice. I think they're limited in how they handle employee issues.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Everything else

Easy

Employees were chill & overall easy job if you did what you were supposed to do at a good pace. It wasn’t your normal amazon package facility but instead a food warehouse where you picked and packed people’s orders all day, or stocked shelves. It was like playing supermarket sweep all day.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Cool job, but management no so cool

Job is easy, I enjoyed the job itself. Management is what led me with the decision to leave. Leads were rude. Would get mad when a 4 person job wouldn’t get done on time but there were only 2 people for the task. Constantly felt like I was being talked to as if I were dumb. I personally liked the job but management was bad. Expected you to know how to do something with no good explaining.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good benefits for full time

Where do I start? I worked at a Fresh store. Chronically way understaffed. Slackers are tolerated but if you work hard better not slack. This company is far too metrics oriented. Glitches in the inventory and scheduling systems every day. Cleanliness standards in the store I worked in not so good. As long as they didn't get caught they didn't care. And if course there's favoritism in every department. If you like being treated like a spare part at a company that only cares about making numbers this could be the job for you. Did I mention all the food they waste? Thousands of dollars every day. They donate a little but they could be giving back so much more, especially since they've made so much off the Pandemic.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management is not good but great benefits

Amazon fresh in Moorpark, the training is minimal, an online information training, you don’t get hands on training until you’re actually thrown in to do it yourself. The pay is weekly, you 40+hrs of PTO and your vacation keeps adding up. You get free shoes, shirts and $100 limit as a10% discount on Amazon prime which renews every year. Management is not reliable, scheduling days off is a hassle because you actually need to call HR in order for you schedule days because managers won’t do that for you even if requested a month in advance.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management was horable at my store they like to pick favorites including the store manger we had good management but the store manager did it I would say don't do it
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Too much favoritism, incompetent managers high turnover

Managers have their favorites, scheduling is all over the place. Promotions are rare amd hard to come by. It's better than delivering for Amazon, not much is expected from people.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Everything kind of depends on what factory you're working at

I heard plenty of horror stories for Amazon over the years about how strict the company was for everything. Computers timing your productivity and time way from said computer, short breaks, no incentives, etc. My factory was far more fair with these things. There was computers that track your productivity and how long you've been away/inactive, but as long as you're actually focusing on the job then there's some leeway. The entry level work is so brain dead easy that you actually have to try to underperform. Bathrooms are distanced quite a bit away from some work stations, so traveling to and from a bathroom (and using it) takes a decent chunk of time and some factories will really crack down on how long you're gone. Some stations can be a 3-5 minute walk to a bathroom, but you're expected to never be away from your computer for more than ~5-10 minutes. My factory was understanding of this, but some factories will come down on you hard if you take more than 5 minutes to use the restroom even though it might take you 6-10 minutes just walking to said bathroom. There are no rewards for excelling at your job. They actually hold competitions for fastest at this, or highest quality of this, but the rewards or so pitiful that it doesn't motivate you to push for higher numbers. For example: They might hold a competitions for who stows the most and you get a prize. You'll have to actually really bust your butt to compete because you're competing against ~250 and the work you're stowing isn't even. If you somehow manage to have god on your side and you get a good assortment of work -

Good work-life balance

Receiving, stoking, helping customers. Retail duties. It's very straightforward job. Tasks are easy. Support available but there is very bad communication between leadership and associates.

Pros

Good work-life balance

Contras

There is lot of cons unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to list all of them.

Repetitive work, bad management

Amazon is an okay place to work at. Some tasks are fairly simple but can get repetitive and very quickly. The managers there don’t care for employee wellbeing, I’ve nearly broken my ankle there and they expected me to come in the next day.

Alright

Zone leads were cool but upper management micromanaged bathroom breaks/10 minute breaks/lunches; unrealistic expectations to break down a certain number of pallets while short staffed; had to pick up the slack for lazy workers; ICQA and Plano teams were the most fun tasks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Amazon Physical Stores. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general